• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAN News Flash B1.9" Missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's using who? The FUD-Spinner tried to twist my words and abuse my post, but in the end his became a vehicle to set the record straight. Left in the dark FUD/mold grows; therefore, when we see it I think we should expose it to the light of truth and pour bleaching facts on it until the FUD is destroyed. Given his past behavior, it shouldn't be too long before everyone realizes that he has no credibility where his opinion of 1108 is concerned.

Who's using who? The FUD-Spinner tried to twist my words and abuse my post, but in the end his became a vehicle to set the record straight. Left in the dark FUD/mold grows; therefore, when we see it I think we should expose it to the light of truth and pour bleaching facts on it until the FUD is destroyed. Given his past behavior, it shouldn't be too long before everyone realizes that he has no credibility where his opinion of 1108 is concerned.

No twisting of words.

You are the one who clearly stated that the pilots must "WIN A CONTRACT".

I simply pointed out that in order to win a contract, then there must be a loser. That loser is the rest of the employees, the owners and the company.

You don't WIN a contract, you NEGOTIATE a contract.

There is a huge difference that you don't seem to understand because you are wound so tight around a union.

We should be so lucky that this numb nuts did fall of the face of the planet. Problem is that pilots on here will not just ignore him. As long as people continue to give him a vehicle, via their post, for him to continue to advance his hockydirt, hows that for departure from my usual vernacular, he will continue.

Ignore him, completely and he will go find somewhere else to play.

I'm not playing, unions are serious business and in my opinion pilots unfamiliar with them need to know how unions can threaten their careers, the careers of their coworkers and the very company they work for.

Just look at the rhetoric on these boards. If unions were good, they would not be such a polarizing subject.

And as far as hockydirt is concerned, your "gardener" stuff is as stupid as it gets.

Unreal Aviation News
The Thin Newswire:

UPDATE

UAN is back to give you the scoop on missing B1.9". Even though there has been no official word from the authorities, UAN has learned a few more details about this dissappearance.

Through a Tawainese interpreter, a UAN reporter has interviewed several of the "tactile touch therapuetic technicians" working at the Tawainese midget massage parlor called, Little Fingers = Big Happy. The facts gathered only add to the confusion. Several women report seeing two men rolling B1.9"s car into a ditch across from the Little Fingers=Big Happy at about 3am.

One of the ladies overheard one gentleman on a cell phone saying, "The wheels are in place, code 10, the wheels are in place, out!". She then witnessed the two men walk off holding hands. The other gentleman wispering in an Indian accent, "MS, I hope they never find a cure for you!"

Police have searched the personal home of B1.9" and have found evidence that the residence has been unoccupied for several days. However, no forced entry could be seen. Chief investigator Hugo Dick has hinted that this missing persons report could possibly be a hoax. But since no genuine or intelligent posts of B1.9" have been noted (only fake imitators) they are still unable to determine his whereabouts.

"Once again people, I encourage you to not respond or intiate conversations with these fake B1.9" posts.", Hugo Dick pleaded.

Some in the community have expressed their ideas on his whereabouts. Some even expressed where he could go if found. However we have to confirm to certain decency restrictions and can't publish them.

Once UAN reporters are done with their "session" at the Little Finger=Big Happy parlor, be sure they'll be working hard to bring you the straight dope and any upcoming facts disclosed about this case.

"Support the search! Don't respond to fake B1.9" posts at all costs until we can close this case" -H. Dick

No twisting of words. I'll let the other board members be the judge of that.

You are the one who clearly stated that the pilots must "WIN A CONTRACT".
Correct. I mean precisely that and all those who have ever stood up for what they believe in understood exactly what I posted, as they tried to point out. You seem to need a vocabulary lesson, however. From onlinedictionary:
  1. To achieve success in an effort or venture: struggled to overcome the handicap and finally won.
The handicaps faced by many frac pilots are lack of a contract and/or sub-par wages. By again deliberately leaving out the portion of my posts which discuss the partnership between the Union and the Company you're continuing to twist my words. I was quite plain in my opinion, backed up by concrete examples, that both sides come out winners when a fair contract is achieved.
I simply pointed out that in order to win a contract, then there must be a loser. Not so. See above definition. That loser is the rest of the employees, the owners and the company. I can discuss losing: Flt Ops pilots are losing money each day they fly for sub-par wages and work without protection from a contract that will safeguard their greatest investment (career) from the whims of management. Pilots' families that qualify for govt assistance are clearly losing out to corporate greed. Professionals working for blue collar wages are not winners by any standard.
You don't WIN a contract, you NEGOTIATE a contract. That describes the process only. When the contract is signed the group who fought for it will definitely have achieved/won their goal. The terms "dispute" "labor strife" and "contract battle" are widely used for a good reason and once labor harmony is reached both sides breathe a collective sigh of relief. Another popular term in contract negotiations is "win-win". Contracts are not one-sided and every realistic bargaining group understands that some compromises are required. That rule mandates that the other side also wins something that they want in the contract.

There is a huge difference that you don't seem to understand because you are wound so tight around a union. I communicate effectively. You are the one who has a limited vocabulary. Those pilots who know who my husband is and the big project he recently helped to complete understand how ironic it is that you are lecturing me about contracts. Suffice it to say that I have an excellent grasp of the issue.[/quote]

Everyone who pays attention to what is happening in the frac industry is fully aware that the NJ pilots and management are working well together and both sides are clearly winners. It is also apparent that the Ops pilots are involved in a contract battle as they justifiably demand to be compensated like the professionals they are and given written work rules that all must follow. Contracts are commonplace in our society, especially among professionals, and there is no excuse for management to withhold one from the pilots who put their license on the line with every flight and who will be subjected to questioning if anything goes wrong.

Here's your sign---FUD
From Wikipedia: Fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) is a tactic of rhetoric used in sales, marketing and public relations. FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence public perception by disseminating negative (and vague) information. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor's product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival. The term originated to describe disinformation tactics in the computer hardware industry and has since been used more broadly. FUD is a manifestation of the appeal to fear.

It is clear from the FUD-Spinners posts what he is trying to do but one only has to look at the success that NJA enjoys to see that working with a union can be a positive experience for all involved in the company and for the owners/pax. The same thing can happen at Flt Ops, too. Respect and fairness is not too much to ask for! The pilotgroup's demand for a contract is entirely justified and I truly hope they win/achieve that goal. NJW

I'm not playing, unions are serious business and in my opinion pilots unfamiliar with them need to know how unions can threaten their careers, the careers of their coworkers and the very company they work for.

Just look at the rhetoric on these boards. If unions were good, they would not be such a polarizing subject.

And as far as hockydirt is concerned, your "gardener" stuff is as stupid as it gets.

Bob,
What the hell are you smoking? You do know FLOPS has a drug testing program.. Oh wait..thats only the pilots. Did you just watch the movie Hoffa or something? You kill me-ha ha -Oh watch out for evil unions..
You really are the village idiot..

[NJW looks around] Hey Galaxy, did you somehow teleport us to another forum? I could have sworn we were posting on the Fractional forum. As in fractional industry where the majority of the pilots gladly belong to 1108 and are very appreciative of the advancement the Union has brought to their career and to NJA. Haven't I just read numerous posts from pilots hoping to be hired by NJA where the pilots all belong to a hardworking union. Some even sounded excited about getting hooked up w/the Union message board and meeting w/Union leaders. Apparently, word of 1108's achievements has gotten around and is attracting new pilots to NJA. Come to think of it, I've even read posts in this section of the board, from non-union pilots wishing 1108 well because Union success has helped to raise wages at other frac companies. Just think one of these pilots posting here could wind up serving on a joint labor-management committee working to improve things for the entire company and their owners/pax. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if pilots from those joint committees posted here sometime. Or maybe the wife of such a pilot....;) talk about a front row seat! Those are the posts that board members read for info on the Union. Or so I've been frequently told in PMs...:p NJW

NJW-
I read your post like 6 times..Is there a question or a comment in there or is it just a rant. Usually your posts are well thought out. I don't get this one. Have you read any of my other posts? Who do you think I am? Hoffa himself?

Sorry for the confusion Galaxy. I had originally intended to comment on how unfair it is that only the pilots are tested, but then my attention was captured by the post you had quoted. The question was posed to politely suggest that posters (like B19) actually stick to events happening in the frac industry when they discuss unions. I thought perhaps he'd get the hint. My comments were made to set the record straight in the face of FUD posted by the "village idiot". I'm rolling my eyes with the rest of you and shaking my head over all the evil union remarks. I see up close how much good work is done by the Union at NJ and it makes me want to stomp on FUD whenever I see it posted.

Rest assured the above post was well thought out. It isn't easy to discuss the "village idiot" with sympathetic neighbors while trying to sweep up the FUD the lunatic has thrown out on the village square. It isn't my usual style to talk about another board member behind their back, but considering the source and the fact that B19/VI is spewing nonsense, I think an exception can be made in this case.

Boots are my preferred footwear for wading through FUD.

Ok,
just as long as we are on the same side. To be honest I had to re-read the post because your leg is a distraction..
So we are on the same page-
FLOPS sucks
B19 is village idiot
IBT 1108 rocks!
Bob Tyler is a SCAB
Shawna Sh1tfinger and his organ grinding monkey Babu have got to go!
Contract or FIRESALE

Latest resources

Back