UAL wins temporary injunction against pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Round 1...UAL...

But there will be another round...promise you that. Try dealing with all the unions contracts expiring at once (end of 2009) and Obama in the White House...Do you think we will allow more than a 6 month discussion on Sec 6 without a request for release from mediation....I don't.

I know a lot of guys that were present during the Trial. I was told that ALPA put up a GREAT fight and the company Lawyers were really bad. Looks like that was not so true, or the Judge didn't care?

This is BAD for all of us! United or whoever!

I cannot help but imagine what an ounce of prevention from the ual communications committee could have done to prevent this.
I observe that the mec and the comm. committee were silent as the summer approached.

All they had to do was send out a few memos and emails, and bulletin board posts, stating the need to observe the rla and warning of even talk of individual or group action. And, remember, anything said on cell phones, text messages, and internet boards can be used against you.

The real answer, however, is amending the rla in our favor. If that cannot be done, then we all need to think about what other groups have done in the past to effect change.....

So you mean to say after ALPA gets around $55 Million dollars a year in dues, it still needs to have a "bake sale" to really be effective?

Maybe Prater is taking in more than the half a million a year everybody thought?

Quit running a union like a business and fight the RLA like a real union will make the difference!

This above post shows your lack of understanding...

Unions are prohibited by law to use dues money for PAC contributions....

I don't care about the repeat. I'm just in a bad mood today. Care to guess why? :)

I'm under no illusion that the RLA is going to go away because the Republicans are on the run for awhile. I just think, hope, and pray that it will be modified or modernized. After the results of this past election, there may be some hope. At the very least, we should get some favorable appointments!

Judge Joan Lefkow is a Clinton Appointee and Democrat!!

The Pig.

God almighty. That whole thread of comments after the posted article make me want to retch. The general public has no freaking idea what we collectively go through.

Sadly, we are partially to blame. How many times in our past have we told someone "yeah, I'm working 90 hours this month" only for them to misconstrue what we just said. How about we tell them we work THREE to FOUR times that much--time away from home. Suddenly, their 40 hour work week isn't too bad.

More examples of us being our own worst enemy: Our PA's that say "the computer says we'll be landing on time." I know it might be semantics, but we all need to quit making it sound like we're just watching the country store eating our fabulous first class meal with the autopilot on until after we land. IMO comments like this, however slight, add up in the general public's eye, eroding our profession as skilled workers. We're not just autopilot babysitters, and our FMS does not fly the plane--WE DO.

Unless you're one of the SJS chumps living in your parents basement, we won't "fly for free" or "fly for food." I WISH I was paid anywhere CLOSE to what my neighbors and non-industry friends THINK I get paid. F*ck!

SCR

Last edited:
This above post shows your lack of understanding...

Unions are prohibited by law to use dues money for PAC contributions....

I think it shows your lack of understanding of what a union should be, that is on the offense and not defense.

If managment throws a hit, respond in kind.

If ALPA wasn't so rich and so well funded it could afford "a good old fashioned work action".

Rez, your very own words.........

It doesn't have to be separate to beat down the RLA. (funding that is) Prater is still way over payed)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back