• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL wins temporary injunction against pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point is that ALPA is run too much like a business and not a union with balls.

Until then ALPA is nothing more than a fun club with a glossy magazine.

Sadly, Judge Lefkow just handed UA ALPA their balls in a paper bag.

I wouldn't characterize ALPA as being "a fun club." That would be the Shriners. ;)

SCR

Do you see a trend with this and age 65?

Yeah-I saw it.

I also saw Undaunted all alone on his HNL layovers because NONE of us wanted anything to do with him!

Unfair? Why of course!

Bankruptcy laws are unfairly stacked against labor too. Only in America can a company go bankrupt, employees take massive paycuts and CEO's and management get massive bonuses at the same time.

When the law becomes despotic we are not beholden to it. It is our duty to break the law.

NO ONE named and NO ONE within ALPA pushed for any sickout.

CHICAGO, Nov. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- A federal court granted
> United Airlines' motion for a preliminary injunction against the
> Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) and four individual pilots,
> putting a halt to a deliberate, organized and unlawful campaign of
> sick leave abuse, pilot intimidation and other actions that
> resulted in the cancellation of hundreds of flights, inconvenienced
> thousands of customers and cost United millions of dollars in lost
> revenues.

I didnt write the press release but it seems to point the finger at 4 pilots.

CHICAGO, Nov. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- A federal court granted
> United Airlines' motion for a preliminary injunction against the
> Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) and four individual pilots,
> putting a halt to a deliberate, organized and unlawful campaign of
> sick leave abuse, pilot intimidation and other actions that
> resulted in the cancellation of hundreds of flights, inconvenienced
> thousands of customers and cost United millions of dollars in lost
> revenues.

I didnt write the press release but it seems to point the finger at 4 pilots.

And I'm telling you that UAL won on lies and huge insinuations.

Last edited:
And I'm telling you that UAL won on lies and huge insinuations.

I just read the judge's opinion (all 85 pages of it). If UAL won on lies and insinuations, ALPA let them win by not putting on a strong defense. The judge makes 4 or 5 references to ALPA not putting on a witness to counter evidence put on by UAL. The Judge also pointed out all of the inconsistencies in the UAL ALPA IRC Committee members testimony. The Judge more or less accuses them of telling lies in depositions.

Like it or not, we are all to often our worst enemies - mob mentality in which the loudest opinion wins without regard to what is the smartest long term strategy. This decision is not just bad for UAL pilots. It is a very bad for all pilots at all carriers.

I just read the judge's opinion (all 85 pages of it). If UAL won on lies and insinuations, ALPA let them win by not putting on a strong defense. The judge makes 4 or 5 references to ALPA not putting on a witness to counter evidence put on by UAL. The Judge also pointed out all of the inconsistencies in the UAL ALPA IRC Committee members testimony. The Judge more or less accuses them of telling lies in depositions.

Like it or not, we are all to often our worst enemies - mob mentality in which the loudest opinion wins without regard to what is the smartest long term strategy. This decision is not just bad for UAL pilots. It is a very bad for all pilots at all carriers.

The questions were asked and answered in the depositions. The judge focused on the question that were truly not of consequence. The truth was told in the depositions. The judge chose to ignore all the truths along with the inacuracies on UAL side. Take whatever side you want but I'm telling you that the story you read in the decision is not the true story. The decision is based on fiction.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back