UAL Pilots get TSA'ed in MIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Radar Love, I Agree With Jb Bus Drvr

I Here The Same $hit Everytime Some A$$hole In Las Or Southern Cal Comes Down Our Jetways.

Hope The You Guys Haven't Been Drinking, Hope You Guys Weren't In The Bar, Hope You Guys Weren't Late Coming In Because You Had A Last Minute Drink.....

Just Really Getting Tired Of The Same Ol Jokes.

And You Know What? We Pilots Are Part To Blame For That Kind Of Disrespect. First Off, It Is In Fact The Supposed Professionals That Are Getting Busted By The Tsa Monkeys. Stop Drinking And Flying And That Would Stop All Of Our Harrasment In Our Profession, However. For The 99.9 True Professionals That Do Not Push The Drinking Rules We Need To Start Standing Up Against That Kind Of Crap. I Should Probably Pull Those People Aside And Politely Ask Them To Stop Those Comments In Front Of Our Anguish Pax Or I'll Have Them Removed And Put On An Airline Who Will Put Up With That Sort Of Harrassment.

Truly, I Do Not Respect Anyone Who Puts The Lives Of Our Customers And Coworkers, The Livelyhood Or Our Airline Or Disrespects Their Achievements In Life So Much That It's Worth An Extra Beer While At Work.

We Need To Stop The Downward Spiral Of Our Careers. This Just Puts More Fuel On It. Stop Drinking Like Your At A College Party. Go Get Help Or Go Get Another Job Jacka$$.

Hmmmm.....

Radarlove, me and my partners feel like we just got painted with somebody's broad brush. Wouldn't it have sufficed to think to yourself that you'd have done it differently? Handle a situation like that however you decide, but why be prejoritive about a fellow pilot- and his pilot group?

I was just thinking about a topic for discussion, and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it used to be that pilots were held in the same esteem as doctors and lawyers. We can make all the jokes we want (and do) about lawyers. Doctors have seen their profession change over the years, but their profession is still generally regarded (I think) with respect. How do they do it?

My question, and it sort-of goes along with this thread, are pilots still looked up to with the respect that a highly-trained and responsible professional deserves?

If not, why not? If so, how so? Are we sometimes our own worst enemies? Are we, as a group, mutually supportive to each other and our profession? I truly am interested in your thoughtful responses and any examples you'd care to share. And I think it's something that every professional aviator should think about. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

I hope this pilot is squekey clean. Then I hope this pilot files a CIVIL lawsuit for lost wages against this TSA PUKE. And wins.

It time to turn this $hit around.

"....racially profile, it's the only way...."

UAL78 said:
Hmmmm.....

Radarlove, me and my partners feel like we just got painted with somebody's broad brush. Wouldn't it have sufficed to think to yourself that you'd have done it differently? Handle a situation like that however you decide, but why be prejoritive about a fellow pilot- and his pilot group?

I've just heard different versions over time, involving UAL pilots. Doesn't have to be UAL, but it strikes me as petulant.

I, too have heard the jokes. But I carry on, I don't throw a tantrum. Partially because I understand the DOT alcohol program and the rules.

Here's the interesting part--these guys don't seem to have the yarbles to do something assertive, like throwing the offensive passenger off, instead they choose the passive route--"FINE! I'LL JUST GO TAKE A DRUG TEST HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?"

Delaying a flight and its passengers for your own passive-aggressive actions isn't "professional" as you folks keep typing. If you want to be treated as a professional, don't act like a five year-old.

There are chumps all across the world. If you are offended, take action. Kick the chump off. If you're not allowed to do that and have to resort to a tantrum "in the interest of safety", then you aren't a real professional, are you?

jimEJet said:
I Here The Same $hit Everytime Some A$$hole In Las Or Southern Cal Comes Down Our Jetways.

Hope The You Guys Haven't Been Drinking, Hope You Guys Weren't In The Bar, Hope You Guys Weren't Late Coming In Because You Had A Last Minute Drink.....

Just Really Getting Tired Of The Same Ol Jokes.

And You Know What? We Pilots Are Part To Blame For That Kind Of Disrespect. First Off, It Is In Fact The Supposed Professionals That Are Getting Busted By The Tsa Monkeys. Stop Drinking And Flying And That Would Stop All Of Our Harrasment In Our Profession, However. For The 99.9 True Professionals That Do Not Push The Drinking Rules We Need To Start Standing Up Against That Kind Of Crap. I Should Probably Pull Those People Aside And Politely Ask Them To Stop Those Comments In Front Of Our Anguish Pax Or I'll Have Them Removed And Put On An Airline Who Will Put Up With That Sort Of Harrassment.

Truly, I Do Not Respect Anyone Who Puts The Lives Of Our Customers And Coworkers, The Livelyhood Or Our Airline Or Disrespects Their Achievements In Life So Much That It's Worth An Extra Beer While At Work.

We Need To Stop The Downward Spiral Of Our Careers. This Just Puts More Fuel On It. Stop Drinking Like Your At A College Party. Go Get Help Or Go Get Another Job Jacka$$.

That's the longest book title ever.

radarlove said:
I'm still amazed at both the Northwest crew (years ago) and the AWA crew. How in the hell do you drink until 5 am for a 10 am show?

not to hard when you're an alcoholic, in denial, with a high tolorance for alcohol. most that drink like this only stop when caught , they die, or through some sort of intervention.

Radarlove your argument is completely incoherent, at points self-contadictory, and ultimately useless. Good luck to you.

I'm not sure where all this is coming from. Certainly it does happen, on rare occaision, because we see some guys getting caught from time to time, but we are talking miniscule numbers.

I like to enjoy my layovers with the rest of the crew and just don't see anyone getting that polluted, with the exception of a few F/A's. I have never seen a pilot drink inside of the 8 hour rule, or show up smelling of booze or seemingly intoxicated, and I hope I never do.

Last edited:
"Here's the interesting part--these guys don't seem to have the yarbles to do something assertive, like throwing the offensive passenger off, instead they choose the passive route--"FINE! I'LL JUST GO TAKE A DRUG TEST HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?"

Let me get this straight. Passenger accuses pilot of drinking. Pilot kicks passenger off. Pilot flies trip...all better. Your logic is skewed? The only professional thing to do if someone is INSISTING they saw you drink, is to relieve yourself of duty, and clear it up ASAP. Like someone else posted, you have no clue how many others may have heard, and now feel extremely uncomfortable. Anothe sidenote, if you just boot the passenger and fly your leg, it could be percieved you are just trying to "buy time" to get the alcohol out of your system, especially if it is a longer flight.

bluejuice787 said:
Eagleflip-

I agree with your post 100%. I am not sure why we defend this insidious lifestyle.

One other thought though: Does anyone know if there has ever been an airline accident/incident wherein it was discovered the proximate cause was consumption of alcohol or drugs by the flight crew?

A few years ago a Continental Express/Expressjet EMB145 Captain operated a flight into houston while high on Cocaine. His FO turned him in. Needless to say it was his last flight...

Latest resources

Back