• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Liquidation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look to see RAH, GoJets, and SkyWest giving UAL a cash infusion, in exchange for increased flying. Just like Wisconsin did for USAirways. Another Win-Win situation, and an investment in the future for both mainline and regional carriers.

No need to leave a good-paying job with more than half the month off, to take a paycut and sit reserve as furlough fodder.

Rumor mill has it that US Airways and UAL is still a possibility (don't worry UAL dudes/dudettes, USAPA knows they won't have ANY trouble convicing you of DOH:puke: ). Then Jet Blue should join in.......New Call sign you ask?? U-BLUE-US!

No- what sucks colonel- is he's been proven right. And it was mainline selling out that created that job.

Too big to fail.

13 years ago, I was waiting in the jetway to jumpseat on a UAL flight from MSP to ORD. With me was an ABX pilot wanting to do the same. We got to talking with one of the flight attendants. During the conversation, it comes out that the ABX pilot's wife was a UAL pilot. The flight attendant asked the guy if he was going to apply to UAL. He said "No" and the reasoning was that they didn't want all their eggs in one basket. The flight attendant's response was (I'll never forget this) "Oh, we'll never go out of business."

Who'd have thought that UAL would ever be in the shape it is.

I was at ATA for 9.5 years, my wife for 24 as an FA. It can happen.

She's in sales now, I'm out of the country.

Latest resources

Back