• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Embraer-170

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Chip, all of us Chautauqua guys have to go through Shuttle Indoc, Shuttle Groundschool, and Shuttle Sim's to fly the 170's, so what is your point?

8hr, I know that we all have to go through the shuttle stuff to fly those 170's, that was not my point. my point was that I didnt see why the shuttle guys are making such a big deal out of a 170 with "Shuttle America" painted on the side. They cant fly them yet because they arent on our seniority list.

Why do we "have to be on the CHAUTAUQUA seniority list"? Oh because your contract says all flying done by "the company's parent or any subsidiary of the company shall be performed by the pilots of the Chautauqua Airlines Pilots' System Seniority List". In that case, shouldn't the Chautuaqua pilots fly the Saabs since they are now a subsidiary?

slapshot, our CBA says exactly that. As of right now, not one single original Shuttle pilot is on the Chautauqua seniority list. Not one single original shuttle pilot is in training, or is planned to be in training on a shuttle 170 until the list is merged. We have numerous Chautauqua people in various stages of shuttle bridge training to fly the shuttle 170's. The difference between them and the original Shuttle pilots is that they are already on the CHQ list, always have been, always will; even if they now have Shuttle America ID's.

Hey Chip, sounds like you are a real nice guy to be in cockpit with. I dont know why you are getting so fired up about this whole thing. All of the "original" shuttle guys know we are locked on the saabs until they go away. We are happy that we now have a future.

Quit pissing on the fire just to see smoke. I don't want to take your prescious seat, I just want to feed my family. If it turns out that I am your F/O, fine, just pay me.

SF340Guy said:
Quit pissing on the fire just to see smoke. I don't want to take your prescious seat, I just want to feed my family. If it turns out that I am your F/O, fine, just pay me.

Um, you work for CHQ remember.

Whiskerbizkit said:
Um, you work for CHQ remember.

Ummm, noooo, if he flies a Saab he works for Shuttle America.:rolleyes:

I thought Shuttle America was a Dash 8 operator based out of BDL, in their own colors?

Or didn't they fly for USAir Express?

I must be off by at least 5 years.

I.P. Freley said:
Ummm, noooo, if he flies a Saab he works for Shuttle America.:rolleyes:

It seems like only Shuttle folks (and former Shuttle folks) understand how this whole thing works.
SA is a subsidiary of Republic just like Chautauqua. I don't understand why some people (in CHQ) can't understand a simple, fairly straight forward flow chart.

Here's a reminder: Wexford is majority shareholder in Republic Airways. Republic Airways owns Shuttle America and Chautauqua. Chautauqua did not buy Shuttle!
Me thinks Chip might have something on his shoulder.:)

Last edited:
aa73 said:
I thought Shuttle America was a Dash 8 operator based out of BDL, in their own colors?

Or didn't they fly for USAir Express?

I must be off by at least 5 years.

Don't worry, you're only off by FOUR years. Both of your recollections are correct... Flying under own colors ended in '01, Dash 8's went away for good in '02, USAirExp flying ended fall '04. United codeshare began in July '04, and hang on to your hat, Saab flying for UAL will also end within a year, maybe by the end of THIS year, and will be all-170.

Come back in a couple of years and you may find that Shuttle won't even be flying 170's anymore, if tales of Shuttle being a 190-only operator come true.

Clear as mud, right? :)

Stepclimb said:
It seems like only Shuttle folks (and former Shuttle folks) understand how this whole thing works.
SA is a subsidiary of Republic just like Chautauqua. I don't understand why some people (in CHQ) can't understand a simple, fairly straight forward flow chart.

Here's a reminder: Wexford is majority shareholder in Republic Airways. Republic Airways owns Shuttle America and Chautauqua. Chautauqua did not buy Shuttle!
Me thinks Chip might have something on his shoulder.:)

Yeah that sounds right, and on paper you are exactly right. However the reality is CHQ "was" Republic Airways Holdings, thats all it was, CHQ. It was just a name given to make it a public company. Shuttle is purchased and RPAirlines is forming and now we have this umbrella talk. You really arent equals at the poker table just because you were purchased by the same name that is above ours.

It Seems that Shuttle Folks are the only ones who want to believe that they have "hand" (Seinfield).

KingAirer said:
It Seems that Shuttle Folks are the only ones who want to believe that they have "hand" (Seinfield).

Nahhh, yer right, you do have hand.

The one you need to wave buh-bye as the 170's leave your certificate. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back