• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Embraer-170

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking for a solution? Just use this one but tweek the pilot groups to match your situation. In this case CHQ/MDA/REP/SA. We could use PIT as the location, its not like ther is much going on there anyway these days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the solution:

I suggested this way back during the UAL/U fiasco and again during the accompaning ACA/PDT-ALG deal and once again in the recient past in ref. to the ALG/PDT merger.

Senority integration via STEEL CAGE MATCH!!!!!!

I this case (U/AWA) we choose a neutral location like Kansas City KMCI and get all the US Air, MidAtlantic and AWA guys and lock them in a giant steel cage. When the bell rings it's every man for himself. First guy knocked out gets the bottom senority number. The next guy after gets one senority number better and so on till only one guy is standing. Last guy standing gets senority number one. Screw ALPA merger policy, this is the only fair way. We could even sell tickets and make back the paycuts weve given in the past 4 years.

I.P. Freley said:
It doesn't matter whether Full of LUV is a regional pilot, a LUV driver, or Mr. Lindbergh himself. The "blah blah blah you're flying a DC-9 for regional pay blah blah blah" argument is as stale as month-old bread. Is it unfortunate for the profession that the new 70+ seat airplanes aren't flying as mainline? Yes. Is it the fault of any single regional pilot? No. This is the job, this is what it pays, and if you don't like it, go be a manager at Circuit City or something.

This is not the business to make a ton of money anymore... There are a thousand other occupations you could go into with more money, more home time, and less stress. It seems like the inevitable outcome of the argument that FullofLuv uses is "you're all whores". Could the argument possibly be any more trite?

I didn't say whores, I understand the motivation, it's just that there is possibly no end in sight to the "regionalization" of the mainline contracts. It is a free market and if people are willing to fly a 777 for 15K a year, eventually, there will be a company doing it. Actually, I believe it is technology which has superseded the pilot, the plane does almost everything itself (newer equiptment) and experience, for what it's worth, is less and less valuable. We are entering an era where any pilot with 5 years seniority is an economic liability, not an asset, since a replacement guy can just walk into his position for less. Actually, I believe we will be one of the last generations to actually fly planes and if I were a cargo guy, I think that long term (within 20 years) I WILL be replaced by UAV's, no question.

My perevious point was directed in observing the sheer glee that these two workgroups are enjoying in replacing guppies for a fraction of the pay as if there is a long term future in it. Yes, you had better be satisfied with the CA 170 rates, because for many, that will be it!
Ciao

Full of LUV said:
Actually, I believe we will be one of the last generations to actually fly planes and if I were a cargo guy, I think that long term (within 20 years) I WILL be replaced by UAV's, no question

As long as it's not in the next 25 years or so, I'm all set. ;)

Full of LUV said:
Actually, I believe we will be one of the last generations to actually fly planes and if I were a cargo guy, I think that long term (within 20 years) I WILL be replaced by UAV's, no question.

Yeah, and in the 1940s we thought by the year 2000 we'd have flying cars and death rays and would have cured all the world's diseases. 50 years ago we thought we'd have colonies on the moon and we'd have sent men to Mars by now. 30 years ago, we thought cars would get 50 miles per gallon. In the year 2003, we finally figured out how to get big, expensive remote control airplanes to shoot missiles at enemy vehicles.

Will airliner-size UAVs happen? Yeah, I think so. In my lifetime (and I'm early 20s)? I doubt it, even in cargo.

OldManPilot said:
All flying will be done from the CHQ master seniority list... thus anyone on this list will be represented by the ibt747 CHQ contract. there will be no seperate contract at each carrier.

You aren't entirely correct here. If the lists are merged, then there will be a merged contract and a merged contract comes only as the result of another contract negotiations process. It is all a negotiable process. It isn't as simple as "merging the lists" and putting them under the CHQ contract. This holds true regardless of what union represents who and if they are even unionized.

-Neal

LearLove said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the solution:

I suggested this way back during the UAL/U fiasco and again during the accompaning ACA/PDT-ALG deal and once again in the recient past in ref. to the ALG/PDT merger.

Senority integration via STEEL CAGE MATCH!!!!!!

I this case (U/AWA) we choose a neutral location like Kansas City KMCI and get all the US Air, MidAtlantic and AWA guys and lock them in a giant steel cage. When the bell rings it's every man for himself. First guy knocked out gets the bottom senority number. The next guy after gets one senority number better and so on till only one guy is standing. Last guy standing gets senority number one. Screw ALPA merger policy, this is the only fair way. We could even sell tickets and make back the paycuts weve given in the past 4 years.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

You'll pay for the whole seat but you will only need....... THE EDGE!!!!

SlapShot said:
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

You'll pay for the whole seat but you will only need....... THE EDGE!!!!

This has dragged on long enough that I'm wondering if a Festivus Pole is going to be needed. Nice prop for "The Airing of Greivances" and all...

I.P. Freley said:
This has dragged on long enough that I'm wondering if a Festivus Pole is going to be needed. Nice prop for "The Airing of Greivances" and all...

Followed by the Feats of Strength

The SA saabs still only have vor's and can't accept direct anywhere what makes you think airlines are going to pay for uav's. And would any former pilot knowing our moronic dispatchers allow any freinds or loved ones on those. But I would love to phone a 4 day in from the couch but without the vested interest I have in the outcome now would I really care as much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back