• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL one step closer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let him keep talking, it is actually pretty funny. Maybe lucky is just bitter about his own pension that he has to comically attempt to knock down other plans?

What part of a 17 year funding schedule doesn't CAL understand? AMR pilots get it. AMR pilots are retiring 30-60 a month. CAL pilots? I don't think so, they are too stupid.

Last edited:
I never said CAL was all that special. The fact is though that the UAL folks seem to be very keen on merging with CAL. CAL folks seem to want nothing to do with it. The UAL folks should move to rid themselves of Tilton. Absent a merger, what is UAL's plan to become viable? How can a merger be a business plan?

What is it you didn't understand about my post (opinion)?

UAL has no business plan in the airline world. Their business plan is to position the company in such a way as to funnel loads of cash into senior managements pocket.

You are right though....we need to rid ourselves of tilton and his gang of thieves. The best way to do this is get the board to agree....but they're too busy golfing....with tilton.

Oh, IMHO, CAL is not that much different, which brings me back to my original point. G'day.

UAL's only problems right now are Tilton? LOL..OK.

Well as Chairman of the Board, President, and CEO of UAL that's a good place to start eh? Oh, he heads the ATA too.

That's a good sized problem no? Get rid of him and put in place somebody creative enough to increase revenue streams and most problems are solved. Its far easier in the short-term to slash costs only and pocket bonuses.

Are you the pilot in that video?

Fact: There is nobody worse than Tilton. If you believe the hype, there's nobody better than Kellner. Peal back a few layers and both companies ain't doing too great. Scale out all factors and I think it's too close to call as to what pilot group is better off long term.

CAL's A plan is going to get leveraged against our scope clause IMHO. That's why the funding isn't solvent. The CALALPA tool bags put a bullseye on the pilot plan when the divided it from the company wide CARP. Larry put the early ret. window out there and more should have taken it. But honestly, if he doubled the amount he would not have doubled the participation. And he knows that; That was a calculated number. He knows he has a whole bunch of stupid-acting, senior CAL guys who will keep showing up no matter. Larry doesn't know for certain if he will win or lose the showdown over CAL scope vs. CAL A plan. Having put the early out dollars on the table, if he losses on scope and the A plan gets scuttled, he can say he tried to help them. They were too stupid to go.

Pension concerns at CAL need to be a distant second to preserving the scope clause.

BTW: I've flown with CA Kahn quite a bit. That video is a bit corny. She is great to fly with IMHO. Knows her sh!T!

EXACTLY. There is nothing special about CAL.

United brings exactly what to the party? Old aircraft with no new airframes on order, hemorrhaging cash, liquidating assets, loan covenants continually being renegotiated, huge losses on fuel hedging which actually is incredible with an ex oil man running you into the ground. Shall I go on?

I agree, were nothing special. Many of us implore you to start a petition to Tilton to stay away from CAL. Do us all a favor will you?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back