• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL one step closer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was referring to the CAL pilot in the video. If you can't keep up, leave.

I guess the my earler reference to post 58 on post 71 taxed your reading comprehension and split that comb over didn't it?

Hooters? That explains the intelligence.

Well, my intelligence just got me through my first semester at Georgetown Law School. Where did you do your post graduate work? TK? :laugh:

As an outsider looking in, I must point out the irony that CAL's contract and rules are almost as good as everyone else's -- after bankruptcy. Don't worry about the fall from your high horse -- it's a really short fall.

PIPE

As an outsider looking in, I must point out the irony that CAL's contract and rules are almost as good as everyone else's -- after bankruptcy. Don't worry about the fall from your high horse -- it's a really short fall.

PIPE

Our company didn't need bankruptcy to accomplish the same thing. They used the liars and thieves running CALALPA at the time to float the "idea" of bankruptcy. The threat of furloughs/A-plan loss was enough to get a majority to swallow this POS without that pesky bankruptcy thing. It disgusted me.

There has been a slow, methodical, housecleaning since then. It is still progressing at a snail's pace because so many of these parasites are firmly entrenched in their cushy flight pay loss positions, but it IS happening.

CAL has played ALL their fear cards and are now left with a young, fairly junior, and extremely pissed off group who aren't buying into the BS any more. There are still a bunch of spineless pussies working here who will piss their pants at the thought of confrontation, you could find most of them sleeping in a IAH crew room last week. It appears that, finally, they are the exception rather than the norm and are slowly retiring.

We have been our own worst enemy but I am cautiously optimistic that it is FINALLY changing.

For the sake of everyone in the industry, I hope you are right.

Your explanation raises two questions though? 1) How did CALALPA get that way to begin with? and 2) What part of that history is giving the CAL folks on this board such an air of smug superiority toward their UAL "union brothers"?

PIPE

I guess the my earler reference to post 58 on post 71 taxed your reading comprehension and split that comb over didn't it?

Well, my intelligence just got me through my first semester at Georgetown Law School. Where did you do your post graduate work? TK? :laugh:

I highly doubt anyone from Georgetown Law spends their free time talking trash on FI. Hooter skank? A different story. I'm through with you.

PS....It's "earlier" counselor.

For the sake of everyone in the industry, I hope you are right.

Your explanation raises two questions though?

1) How did CALALPA get that way to begin with? and

2) What part of that history is giving the CAL folks on this board such an air of smug superiority toward their UAL "union brothers"?

PIPE

Air of smugness? Christ what do you call some of Lucky's diatribe?

Just a question for you though since none of the UAL folks want to answer it. What do you think the retired UAL union brothers think about the current make up of the UAL pilot group?

Last edited:
I highly doubt anyone from Georgetown Law spends their free time talking trash on FI.

I have still have a CAL seniority number and schools out. I actually don't care what you believe so we are even.

Hooter skank? A different story. I'm through with you.

Hooters skank? You must be gay then. No problem ...to each his own.

PS....It's "earlier" counselor.

Another spelling troll :laugh:. I 'll be careful next time with spell check

Last edited:
Air of smugness? Christ what do you call some of Lucky's diatribe?

Just a question for you though since none of the UAL folks want to answer it. What do you think the retired UAL union brothers think about the current make up of the UAL pilot group?

Personally I don't think either group has a makeup or a record that puts them in a position to cast aspersions on anyone. I'm not sure what you're getting at about the UA retirees. The UAL MEC gave up huge amounts of pay and work rules to try to save the pension and the judge took it anyway. What else did you think they should have done? Maybe you don't understand what went on.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back