• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL one step closer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL, that must have been a sight to see all the CAL pilots sleeping in the crew room. All the white socks peeking out from under the blue inflight smallpox-infested-blankets. LOL

I'll bet the crews all smelled nice and ripe the next day during the flights. Oh my!!! LOL

If flygirlqt was in the crew room that night, she probably made a fortune servicing all the guys. hehe

Oh, and law school... Um, yeah, right :) LOL

That's a good one. LOL

Pocohole, the only thing you would have smelled down there was the abandonment by CALALPA of our pilots. Now of course had you of wandered down there from your exhausting trip as a lifer on the RJ, that stench would have turned a lot more distasteful. Like a full cat litter box left out in the sun to ferment. Assuming of course you kept your pants on.
Scratch that, I am sure it wafts right through whats left of that scorched smoking cavern of yours..

As far as law school, (which I really, honestly and truly don't care what you believe) I doubt you would even have the IQ to pass the LSAT let alone get accepted. We all know your interviewing skills are worthless seeing as how you have been turned down by practically every carrier in this solar system.

Enjoy your RJ for life Tubby. Worst comes to worst for myself, I end up back at CAL with or without a Juris Doctor Degree. Already light years ahead of you.

Last edited:
Our company didn't need bankruptcy to accomplish the same thing. They used the liars and thieves running CALALPA at the time to float the "idea" of bankruptcy. The threat of furloughs/A-plan loss was enough to get a majority to swallow this POS without that pesky bankruptcy thing. It disgusted me.

There has been a slow, methodical, housecleaning since then. It is still progressing at a snail's pace because so many of these parasites are firmly entrenched in their cushy flight pay loss positions, but it IS happening.

CAL has played ALL their fear cards and are now left with a young, fairly junior, and extremely pissed off group who aren't buying into the BS any more. There are still a bunch of spineless pussies working here who will piss their pants at the thought of confrontation, you could find most of them sleeping in a IAH crew room last week. It appears that, finally, they are the exception rather than the norm and are slowly retiring.

We have been our own worst enemy but I am cautiously optimistic that it is FINALLY changing.

I'm not going to believe it til I see it. It matters less that crews spent the night in the crew room, what counts is what the union leadership's response is. IMHO, it is far from as pissed off as it should be. There should be a wholesale pilot perspective shift in contract compliance that is facilitated by a careful and methodical union explanation of how bad our company ignored our contract. CAL wiped their a$$ wih our contract! There were hotel rooms, just not a CAL's special rate. CALALPA needs to put together a full court press an it needs to get ugly. If we get sued, we get sued. This is the difference between UALALPA and CALALPA. UALALPA knows what it takes to win. They understand success. There isn't anybody at CALALPA with the same frame of reference. There ARE a bunch of guys who act hard, talk about how new pilots are going to change it up, blah, blah, blah. No action I'm afraid. We do not need talk right now. We need action at CALALPA.

Scratch that, I am sure it wafts right through whats left of that scorched smoking cavern of yours.

That's fkg hilarious! If lawschool doesn't work out you could always be a writer.

What is pokemyhle going to do once the RJ is finally retired? You do know they weren't designed to last even 20 years. Maybe she'll get lucky and we'll sell her company our 733s (no offense to our XJT brethren, strictly aimed at Pkehole).

I can guarantee you will see action starting March 1st.

That ranks very high among the statements I do not want to hear or read. Being "guaranteed action" or being inspired as to certainty in actual action? I want actual action.

You should not read about or write about action and/or a date/time. Some people have learned nothing from history. An individual decision is made, not orchestrated, hopefully the individual action will be made by a collective.
You can not be told what to do by any organization/union/group for once you have to make your own decision and stand on your own two feet....

Latest resources

Back