• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL one step closer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least Delta bought him his uniform. Have you got any good deals at JCPenny on your uniform lately? Hows your health insurance. Are you covered or do you just raid the first aid kit every chance you get and call that free health insurance?

I don't work for CAL, UAL, or DAL.
My company pays for my uniform and we have very good health coverage.
Thanks for your concern though!

ACL!!...where is the information about United going under? We all count on your inside information.

I have no clue, but it is the opinion of many airline execs that UAUA had better get their act together or their days are numbered.
You guys need to oust the CEO!

No they didn't. Delta is only paying to re-outfit the old NWA guys. All newhires at Delta are on the hook for the entire uniform. The health insurance probably isn't much better than CAL or UAL either. You just get it from day one.

Might be the case today, but I am sure in the past 25 years since 1983, DAL has paid for its pilots uniforms.

And I am sure a DAL pilot gets paid soft time unlike CAL. And I am sure a DAL pilot doesn't sleep in the crew room during severe wx ops. And I am sure a DAL pilots family members are covered on a company health plan the entire DAL pilots career.

RJ contracts are better than CAL's. And RJ pilots are more interested in a good contract than CAL.

Who wants to merge with CAL? Do you want to be lowered to CAL standards because that would be part of the deal? CAL has no standards.

Might be the case today, but I am sure in the past 25 years since 1983, DAL has paid for its pilots uniforms.

And I am sure a DAL pilot gets paid soft time unlike CAL. And I am sure a DAL pilot doesn't sleep in the crew room during severe wx ops. And I am sure a DAL pilots family members are covered on a company health plan the entire DAL pilots career.

RJ contracts are better than CAL's. And RJ pilots are more interested in a good contract than CAL.

Who wants to merge with CAL? Do you want to be lowered to CAL standards because that would be part of the deal? CAL has no standards.

Not gonna argue with you there. CAL has some issues, but I'd be happy to work there if I wanted to live in one of your bases. I chose to work for Delta because they have a base where I want to live. Contract specifics were not really part of my decision making process. As an old XJT guy, I have lots of friends at CAL. Some love it, some hate it. I think you'll find that at every airline in the world. Most guys who love it live where they want to live and don't commute.

Latest resources

Back