• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL one step closer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was because CAL did not want to end up out in the cold...they needed to hook up with someone...they had a choice...and did not join up with AA.
CAL has no room to complain about UAL...they had a choice in the matter...period.
There is a reason for all of this...yet to be seen. Read the orginal post...usually alliance partners don't buy fuel together and share ticket counters, and the pilot unions are in an alliance together too....
Don't be surprised if they get soooo close that if they announce a merger...nothing seems different. It is cheaper to do it that way.

it is also an equal possibility that they are just going to realize most of the benefits of a merger, ie bigger route structure, more feed into hubs, and so on without merging. i don't have any idea where they are going to get the capital in this environment for a merger. if we really wanted to merge with UAL, it would have already happened. why would they change their minds now? because they are afraid of losing business travelers to a bigger Delta route structure, but if they can solve that problem with an alliance, why merge???

Judging how quickly you spread your legs before during the bankruptcy sham, excuse me I meant process, I am sure he'll be coming back for more. When Tilton gets done bending you over

Do you kiss your mother with those lips because you sound nasty.

Where do you think UAL bankruptcy pilot contract standards came from? UAL's pilot contract was modeled after CAL's. CAL has always set the lowest industry standard by which all legacies carriers have been reduced too. Thanks CAL for nothing.

Where do you think UAL bankruptcy pilot contract standards came from? UAL's pilot contract was modeled after CAL's. CAL has always set the lowest industry standard by which all legacies carriers have been reduced too. Thanks CAL for nothing.

Interesting comments since CAL didn't actively screw the retirees during bankruptcy like you Brain Surgeons did. Lowest industry standards? I believe that belongs to US. Yet let me remind you again that the present crap contract we work under today was alpa negotiated. Actually calling this negotiated is a joke in itself.

But keep complaining, with all the skeletons in the closet over there at UAL your arrogance and hypocritical attacks are quite amusing. Followed by your complete ignorance about the A plan at CAL continues to be comical. That whole lump sum option some have here still irritates you doesn't it? Incidentally, CAL paid out roughly $84 million in lump sum payments to retiring pilots this year alone.

As I said before, given comparable financial condition of the two carriers, you'll be lucky to hang on to the terms of your decimated contract. Tilton will come back for more because he knows guys like you will do anything to hang on to your jobs. You have proven him right twice before.

Do you kiss your mother with those lips because you sound nasty.

Yes, I can be very nasty with the right kind of guy. However, I picture you as an overweight, balding guy with a really bad attitude so your chances of having a shot at me would be less than zero.

Last edited:
No. But I just envisioned you looking like her.

Crockett was a guy, maybe that went over your head and it was too difficult for you.

Tell you what though..when I was putting myself through school working at Hooters, I modeled on one of their calenders. So grab some tissues and have fun with that.

United brings exactly what to the party? Old aircraft with no new airframes on order, hemorrhaging cash, liquidating assets, loan covenants continually being renegotiated, huge losses on fuel hedging which actually is incredible with an ex oil man running you into the ground. Shall I go on?

I agree, were nothing special. Many of us implore you to start a petition to Tilton to stay away from CAL. Do us all a favor will you?

Why would UAL need orders if CAL has them on order....I don't recal CAL posting record profits either....and they are building cash...is CAL? On a side note I bet you did look hot in your hooters outfit though...

Why would UAL need orders if CAL has them on order....I don't recal CAL posting record profits either....and they are building cash...is CAL? On a side note I bet you did look hot in your hooters outfit though...

Thats right those are our aircraft orders. Didn't United just post having only 2 billion in cash at the end of the 4th qtr which is less then we have and you guys are bigger then us for now.

I don't want this merger but my opinion and everyone elses won't matter, if the top guys want this to happen it will. We need to stop fighting each other if this happens and make sure that the combined contract includes better work rules, better pay, and stronger Scope.

And I guess that if it does happen what do you bet that our SLI will mirror DAL/NW.

when I was putting myself through school working at Hooters, I modeled on one of their calenders.

Ok, I usually stay out of these discussions but just couldn't let this pass...

FGqt-
When do we get to fly together!!!

LOL

Happy Holidays~
Motch

Latest resources

Back