• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ual-awac......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is unfortunate what is happening at AWAC however there are few rotten apples among the awac pilot group who would like to blame everyone else other than their management. I fly for mesa and yeah, things could be better but we were not the reason you lost your contract. In thesame manner, I don't plan on blaming your pilot group if airways decides to replace us. I do understand that awac management saw an opportunity and bit on it. This industry is unique and things change on a daily basis, be careful what you wish for.

Relic01 said:
It is unfortunate what is happening at AWAC however there are few rotten apples among the awac pilot group who would like to blame everyone else other than their management. I fly for mesa and yeah, things could be better but we were not the reason you lost your contract. In thesame manner, I don't plan on blaming your pilot group if airways decides to replace us. I do understand that awac management saw an opportunity and bit on it. This industry is unique and things change on a daily basis, be careful what you wish for.

Good post. However, it's pretty universal among the AWAC pilot group that management bears significant blame for placing some level of trust in UAL. Even putting it down in writing doesn't count with UAL.

Crashpad.....you're a jackass!!!
P.S. All you guys that bash Mesa, Chataqua, Trans States,....etc about bringing the industry down I got news for ya......... youre all bottom scum bringing the industry down as far as all majors are concerned.

BITTER are we?

bluefin said:
Wow! Now it looks like there might be some furloughs, now you awac guy's and gals can see what it's like to see your jobs handed over to the lowest bidder. Skywest is a good company and I am sure you will be given priority interviews and start at the bottom, that is something to look forward too!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you have been shafted. Sorry, don't really care. If you want a BOO-Hoo party call the rest of you girlfriends!

Free Money

Andy Neill said:
There must be something to it besides pay. SkyWest could increase pay for ALL employees by 20-30% without losing money according to the figures in the 2003 Annual Report (the latest annual report available). What else have you got for ideas? I'm guessing better management.
SO YOU AS PILOT GROUP ARE OK WITH NOT TAKING A (ACCORDING TO YOU) 20-30% PAY INCREASE. THE COMPANY HAS IT TO OFFRER BUT YOU ARE OKAY WITHOUT IT?

loser

FlyComAirJets said:
I still do not understand what you guys did to deserve this. If history is any indication, Air Wisconsin will be back. United dealt them a body blow in the early 90's (stripped the company of their ORD slots, fragged the company and then threw a few crumbs, er, interviews, their way). Any survivors of that experience?

Best of luck to the finest feeder, I mean commuter, no I mean regional, ever. Mark my words, you guys will be back. If you have any money still in the bank, I hope you buy Independance Air.
This guy will not post his experience, but puts down regional(commuters). He probably commutes on a United Express flight home and is mad when asked for his license.

What the Hell?

crashpad said:
April 22nd. is going to roll around quick, so if you can't beat em, then join em.
You'll want to get your app. in asap, because it will only take one dork to ruin it for you guys (ie:interviewee shoots his mouth off about how AWAC pilots are really pi$$sed at Skywest).
What were you doing to keep the bar raised? ALPA and mgnt. played you big time. The 'boot in the butt strategy' will be used as an example against Mesa and Skywest to set a new standard shortly. We really have'nt seen a new low yet.
Ironically, the fact that Skywest pilots don't have a union probably was the reason they gained so much from this whole scam.

What are you doing with a house? Did you ever think your career with a commuter could reliably support a house and kids. That's just irresponsible. Rent an apartment and use birth control, or get a job with real stability. Yeah, you'll actually have to work, but that's what happens when you don't plan ahead.

Thank goodness this won't effect the senior guys. I hope you all can hang on long enough to get on with a big airline soon and put this experience behind you.
I have a post man and a garbageman I also mow my own lawn. What the HELL are you talking about? And what does it have to do with birth control?DUMBA$$!

Wher the hell do you work?

CaptBiff said:
why don't you all include the low cost carriers into your grouping of bottom feeders? USA 3000, southwest, jetblue, spirit, airtran, and indy all basicaly do the samething as the legacy carriers but they make a hell of a lot less. They are the ones partly responsible for this sh!t. You all talk so much smack about bottom feeders, but you all would sell your own first born to work at southwest hell even pay for your own training. Or am I wrong?
Southwest has one of the highest pay scales. I'm sorry you don't feel you should buy the type. I did not either, but I did guess what, My second year I will make more than 6-7 year pay were I am now. And what are you even doing comparing USA300(charter)with everyone else?

you are a DUMBA$$

fam62c said:
This whole industry is screwed up there's no doubt about that, however, I do have to wonder about some of what ARW does. If ARW had a relationship with UAL and they wanted it to continue and they had 125M to invest in a bankrupt airline........well you get the picture. I'm pretty sure that once ARW bankrolled one of UAL's competitors that it was over for sure, although it may have been over anyway. Maybe if ARW had approached UAL with 125M in investment capital UAL would have looked at things very differently. It's hard to believe that the solution to having problems with UAL is to get into bed with USAirways. They're both bankrupt but UAL has good hubs and an excellent worldwide route network while USAirways is a shell of a company that was mediocre at best even in it's prime. If I were insane and wanted to invest a bunch of cash in a reorganizing airline I would sure bet on UAL before USAirways. Anyway, best of luck to all of the ARW employees and hopefully the new partnership works out well. ARW is just another party on the list of many that UAL has screwed during bankruptcy. I don't know where this industry is headed but it aint good.
You have that much flight time but have no clue?

Get your facts straight

Socalplt said:
Illinois said:
Socalplt,

I agree Skywest is better able to secure aircraft financing than others, and this saves a great deal of money when bidding for flying. But to imply by omission that we (SKYW Pilots) are not partly culpable by flying 700's for 200 rates is insulting to many in our profession. We, as a group, foolishly voted in favor of this almost two years ago.

I hate the idea of flying 70's for 50 seat rates. In fact I don't. Fortunately, I'm at a domicile where I haven't been forced to. (For those that don't know ORD and SMF have been forced to get the differences training.) I voted against the last pay package because of this, and the one before it for not raising new hire pay. I'll also vote against the next one if it is for only 1%.

I'm not sure what AWACs pay rates are, however I remember seeing something on the order of $67/hr for the 70 and $61/hr. for the 50 at year six versus $65.25 for SkyWest. I'm sure the difference is greater for the year 18 guys. If the new pay package passes with a 1% increase and we average a 6% margin for the profit sharing, my hourly rate will average out to $69.85. Based on this I can't see how our rate for flying the seventy is the primary reason AWAC is losing the flying.
I make just below 66 dollars as a 6 year captain @ AWAC. What is your minimum overnight,duty rig,trip rig, minimum days off a month, is pay block or better or only block?

Latest resources

Back