UAL announces another recall class- 21 Aug

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyingmonkey said:
How do you know he's not at UPS? Just curious, I must have missed something.

1 Midst of contract negotiations - UPS has already completed new contract negotiations.

2 Concern over loss of the postal contract. UPS just recently got a chunk of USPS' business; FedEx has had USPS business for quite a while.

Hope that helps.

What if you had to choose between staying at your LCC after being there 1.5 years or UAL...I chose UAL because I from near ORD and numerous other reasons. I'll get a pay raise and I know my training and the guys I fly with will be predictable and they professional...more than I can say at my current place. Some of the ******************** I see man.

Yuppy,

You hit it on the head! I too was at an LCC and came back to UAL. Some of the guys I flew with at the LCC were pretty bad. The Training and hiring was also a new low. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

UAL has a few bad apples as well, but not the norm like Airline "X"

Craven Morehead said:
Hijack! Who's been recalled to UAL (check thread title)? Line number? Date of hire? What was the latest classes domicile availability?

Craven

3/20/00 hire. 1/15/03 furlough.

Recalled for the 8/21/06 class. Bypassed.

GP

Thanks for all the "advice" folks. Yeah, I was being cryptic, but it was an attempt at humor. Clearly it failed. As for screwing things up for other UAL guys, I certainly would not do that. I was mostly thinking if this FDX thing goes sour (e.g., the "s" word or furloughs). I know, I know, I know, they've never furloughed. I guess once bitten, twice shy. But I appreciate the smack back to reality. I guess I shouldn't post at 0300 after a few beers while stuck at the crappy crashpad. Thanks again.

Sonny Crockett said:
Congrats Tanner...

We need you like no tomorrow!

I think we are about 300-600 short on pilots.

Hey Crockett, what's the latest on UAL buying Polars 747-400F's? That rumor has kind of faded away.

I belive Polar is only getting rid of its 200's not its 400's so I think this rumor is false. Any Polar guys care to chime in.

Latest resources

Back