• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL announces another recall class- 21 Aug

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the August class, the most junior guy to accept the recall is 8013. 4-3-00 new hire. Currently inside of ten away from recall and looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Omit my last post...just got the call today for the Aug. class. Bob J. said they are expanding the class. No word on a Sep. class though.

Congrats Tanner...

We need you like no tomorrow!

I think we are about 300-600 short on pilots.

Advice needed:
I was recalled and elected mil leave. I was awarded a 737 to DCA. My question: I want to trade someone for an A320, since there are no 737 on the West Coast where I live. Since UAL hasn't actually spent money on my training yet, I'm hoping to find someone awaiting training in the A320. I've put plugs into a few websites, but nothing yet. Any other ideas as to how to contact new "recallees"?

Tanner said:
Omit my last post...just got the call today for the Aug. class. Bob J. said they are expanding the class. No word on a Sep. class though.

Congrats Tanner...when were you hired? Keep us posted on the rumors/info you hear in class!

Huggyu2 said:
Advice needed:
I was recalled and elected mil leave. I was awarded a 737 to DCA. My question: I want to trade someone for an A320, since there are no 737 on the West Coast where I live. Since UAL hasn't actually spent money on my training yet, I'm hoping to find someone awaiting training in the A320. I've put plugs into a few websites, but nothing yet. Any other ideas as to how to contact new "recallees"?

I'm in the same boat. I believe you can call the domicile FOSC's or Ass FM's and have them put in a bid for a A320 while your on mil leave. With all the bids coming out if you have some time to spend on mil lv you should have your Airbus bid without any problems before you come off of Mil leave.

Hope that helps and let us know if it works out.

Peace

Koko

Tanner said:

Congrats and welcome back to the last job you'll ever have :) TIC
Seriously, hope to see all of you guy's shortly.

Koko

koko nw said:
I'm in the same boat. I believe you can call the domicile FOSC's or Ass FM's and have them put in a bid for a A320 while your on mil leave. With all the bids coming out if you have some time to spend on mil lv you should have your Airbus bid without any problems before you come off of Mil leave.

Hope that helps and let us know if it works out.

Peace

Koko

If you watch the vacancy bids, you'll see that there have been several 767 bids to recalled furloughees on mil leave. I've seen a ton of mil leaves getting different aircraft/domiciles on the 737 and airbus bids.

hyflyt560 said:
Congrats Tanner...when were you hired? Keep us posted on the rumors/info you hear in class!
Thanks...I'm looking forward to it. I was a 4-3-00 newhire. Hopefully there will be some good news to report when I get to class. I'll let you know. Can someone give me the "run-down" on how long your frozen. Looks like since they're expanding the Aug. class, I will be junior in that class and may not have much of a choice on base and a/c.

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner said:
Thanks...I'm looking forward to it. I was a 4-3-00 newhire. Hopefully there will be some good news to report when I get to class. I'll let you know. Can someone give me the "run-down" on how long your frozen. Looks like since they're expanding the Aug. class, I will be junior in that class and may not have much of a choice on base and a/c.

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner,

I think the freeze depends on what you were last flying and what you get when you come back? I heard some guys talking and they said they were on the bus when furloughed and came back to the 737 and received the 36 month freeze. Also, I think the amount of training days plays a role in the freeze, no freeze equation. If it you have been away for a certain amount of time I don't think you are eligible for the short course and thus you get a freeze. Unfortunately I am not sure what timeframe they use for the above.

At any rate, Welcome back. Hope we run through the list quickly and get all you guys back soon.

Latest resources

Back