• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL announces another recall class- 21 Aug

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O.K. Enough already! Good grief....why is everyone so angry and so bent on taking it out on each other? It really gets tiresome. I almost never come on here anymore because all I read is bickering, pissing & moaning.

Why don't you pissed off people head to the gym and get something out of your anger? First time readers of these posts must think they've stumbled onto an 8th grade bitch board.

Why don't we try to talk about constructive things? United bashing....Southwest bashing.....Jet Blue bashing.....it's frickin' tiresome. If we swapped places we'd all be critisizing the airline that we work for now. Let it go...take a deep breath and quit taking out your anger on the board.

Next time you're on an overnight...go up to that "other" crew and offer them a beer. I'll bet they're a lot like you. Guys who like to fly and just happen to be lucky enough to do it for a living....nothing more...noting less.

I'm off to the gym........

hyflyt560 said:
I'll take the lower pay, fly a better plane, and go to places outside of the U.S. thanks.

lower pay with no retirement and unknown future outside of Ch.11

the "better plane" may be in the desert parked soon, don't get too cocky

so, I suppose, go ahead and enjoy Europe while you still have a job

32LT10 said:
Bosley said:
So that means you applied and were not hired. Cry me a river. You could only get hired at a place that made you BUY a type rating. I suppose if you really really want to fly so badly you were willing to pony up the bucks to get a job.
I fugured using the gov't money to get me a job was well worth the investment. I guess you don't figure that since you were hired as a wonder intern with a whopping 300 hours! You go girl!

Yep, a real stellar group that has paid for their jobs over at good ol LUV. Drunks, exhibitionist and guys that like to talk about how they are going to lose their career just after crashing an airplane into a gas station. The first words out of the guys mouth was not a checklist or concern for his pax and crew it was how he was going to be unemployed now that he had f-d up.
Rudder skills and 10-9 charts, who needs em hey 32?? I guess that "hull loss out of SFO" doesn't count for anything. That's what the FAA called it, a hull loss!

I guess as long as Pay for training is in place at SWA that is what you get. I have a new found respect for B6 in the recent months. They treat jumpseaters both pilot and f/a very well and they do not require their pilots to pay for training, unlike SWA.
If pay for trng is what you call it, well, it kept scumbags like you out. As for your change of heart, it doesn't show in any of your posts!

Enjoy OKC/OMA and ISP. I will take my pay and my type of flying. Of course I do have options on the equipment I fly. How about you? Any chance of getting a bid off the guppy? I lost enough hearing on that POS. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter with 1L so close to the cockpit and that single pack thing with the APU running is primitive at best. But as long as you enjoy it, then knock yourself out.
I enjoy the pay and 15 days off per month. I enjoy getting paid more than your POS airline pays for a 747! I laugh at all your posts.
The only thing that is for sure, is that you probably got your ass beat a lot as a kid. nobody with that much pompus could get through life without it.
In the meantime, I'll watch my retirement continue to grow, while your insurance and health premiums continue to grow! Enjoy your 747, it seems that's the only thing you have in your life that's big you loser!

32LT10 said:
So that means you applied and were not hired. Cry me a river. You could only get hired at a place that made you BUY a type rating. I suppose if you really really want to fly so badly you were willing to pony up the bucks to get a job.

Yep, a real stellar group that has paid for their jobs over at good ol LUV. Drunks, exhibitionist and guys that like to talk about how they are going to lose their career just after crashing an airplane into a gas station. The first words out of the guys mouth was not a checklist or concern for his pax and crew it was how he was going to be unemployed now that he had f-d up.

I guess as long as Pay for training is in place at SWA that is what you get. I have a new found respect for B6 in the recent months. They treat jumpseaters both pilot and f/a very well and they do not require their pilots to pay for training, unlike SWA.

Enjoy OKC/OMA and ISP. I will take my pay and my type of flying. Of course I do have options on the equipment I fly. How about you? Any chance of getting a bid off the guppy? I lost enough hearing on that POS. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter with 1L so close to the cockpit and that single pack thing with the APU running is primitive at best. But as long as you enjoy it, then knock yourself out.
You sir are an embaressment to the industry!
Whaaaaa, my plane is bigger than your plane. WHAAAAAA enjoy your little airplane! You seriously need some help you horses ass!
Midge
cross check complete!

I guess that "hull loss out of SFO" doesn't count for anything. That's what the FAA called it, a hull loss!

Really the FAA called it a hull loss? I know of a couple of SWA airplanes that folks outside the FAA would call hull losses. In fact the pictures themselves of the SWA airplanes would even convince the OJ jury that an accident occured.

I enjoy the pay and 15 days off per month. I enjoy getting paid more than your POS airline pays for a 747! I laugh at all your posts.

15? Why are you working so much? I prefer the easier 18-20 days off with PBS and the leisure layover. Heck we even have time for legal booze breaks. Of course that does not mean anything to an SWA guy. A through flight is OK for a booze break for you guys. Bottoms up! By the way what is a Grenade of booze? Is that a SWA term or am I just getting old?

In the meantime, I'll watch my retirement continue to grow, while your insurance and health premiums continue to grow!

What kind of A-plan do you have a SWA? According to the info. I see you have NO A, and only a 7.3% matching 401K. Fortunately we still get 15% in the B/C and the 401K. Match that with the note payment we just received and my B/C is going to be over 1mill in the next few weeks. I hope yours is doing as well.

By the way bos. you mentioned knowing all the hiring directors at all the carriers. I ment to congratulate you on that bit. I am happy to say I knew and know none.

So used the gubment to buy your Pay for training at SWA. Nice. Now that we know you are an SWA guy. Tell us. Are you really that dyed haired freak that got his shorts yanked for the blog with the pictures taken in sterile cockpit time and all that nasty stuff he said about UAL? That made the rounds on the ALPA forum and I think he is a SMF commuter. Word is the SMF crowd is anxiously awaiting a meeting with him.

Midge said:
You sir are an embaressment to the industry!
Whaaaaa, my plane is bigger than your plane. WHAAAAAA enjoy your little airplane! You seriously need some help you horses ass!
Midge
cross check complete!

I 2nd that! The moment I forgot about plane size my W2 went up significantly.

satpak77 said:
lower pay with no retirement and unknown future outside of Ch.11

the "better plane" may be in the desert parked soon, don't get too cocky

so, I suppose, go ahead and enjoy Europe while you still have a job

Tell me soothsayer, who's future is known? Yours, mine...I doubt it.

When you say "no" retirement, do you actually know what your talking about? While our 15% B/C fund pale in comparison to our original retirement, I would hardly call it "NO" retirement. BTW how's that stack up against yours, assuming your even in the industry.

Your right about enjoying it while it last, you may heed your own warning.

FLYLOW22 said:

I agree!
This whole, my airplane is bigger than your airplane is pathetic! C'mon guys we're all pilots.
32, just curious how many pilots that are on furlough from UAL are with LCC's (including LUV, B6, & Air Tran) now? They're not all that bad. I wish I worked for a company that made money over the past 5 years!
Just my .02 worth!

FLYLOW22 said:

LOL! The same flylow22, a '99 US Airways hire, who was demanding DOH for the aborted UAL/U merger, and requested 747-400 flight manuals from UAL pilots. The same flylow22 that's now flying for netjets.
Is there a reason why flylow22's interested in a UAL pilot recall thread?

Latest resources

Back