• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL, AMR, USAir bankrupt by winter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a few months ago Doug Parker was saying in the media that US Airways was in a better position than other carriers to ride this economic wave. Now he is telling employees that full airplanes doesn't mean US is making money. That can be true considering all the money they spend in stupid s&%t. I think DP will play the bankrupcy game by years end. Specially when he has to give the east pilots 35M in 2010, repay Republic's loan, etc. I think is going to get ugly.

I hope not, I have friends at both carriers that make up US airways and I wish them well.

You know Obama will "bail them out" with money he borrows from our great-grandchildren and then show the class to try and blame that mess on Bush as well....

I going to keep re-reading this post.....Although it's not obvious, subliminally there has to be a large dig on Delta in it....there usually is one or two in all of his posts.

I'll report back to the FI faithful if I find anything......

How many BK filings have been "imminent" in the last few years? How many times have we read about the liquidity "crisis" at various carriers? To be honest, I'm not so sure I believe anything the financial "experts" say. They have been so wrong so many times on so many issues. None accurately predicted the banking crisis. None have give clear strategies for sustained growth. According to these folks, UAL has been going BK for the better part of 10 years. UA has been "broke" more times than AIG.

These BK filings are like new aircraft rumors. When they appear on the ramp, they're true............when these guys are in court, then and only then will they be truly BK. In the end, cash flow and savy financing will keep struggling airlines afloat longer than anyone has predicted.

Thats my "prediction"........

Well said. This isn't the 70's, 80's or 90's anymore. If United, the worst airline, is still around no one is going away.

Now is United the worst airline?..... or the one that shot you down in the interview.

Haaaaa -- when they last interviewed in 1992? Or sumpin' like that.

They interviewed in 2007 and hired at least 3 good friends of mine from XJT. Not flaming. Just saying.

What? Say it ain't so.

And then they furloughed?

Wait a minute: people wanted to work there?

AMR bankruptcy is a lot of pride. Does Arpey want to be the one who led them to their first filing. I doubt it.

Why don't all these airlines buy a hotel and rental car company and merge them all for "synergy"? Oh wait, that's been tried before......

Hahah, yeah and we can call that company "Allegis". I think it was Donald Trump who said something to the effect of, "It sounds like a very worldly form dysentery."

There will be no out of bankruptcy concessions by APA. They went to the well in 2003 and we got burned.

If Arpey and his crew are so F'in smart, let them figure out how to make money. (Here's a hint: You can't do it by flying 37 seat jets...)

TC

Latest resources

Back