Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Browntothebone

[FONT=ARIAL,][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fitch-Downgrades-Delta-Air-bw-57705647.html?x=0&.v=1

Risk of default over the next year is mitigated by DAL's liquidity and cost advantages over its more vulnerable rivals--UAL, AMR and US Airways (all with IDRs of 'CCC' by Fitch). Fitch believes that a bankruptcy filing by any of those carriers, which could occur as early as the winter if operating trends fail to stabilize, would quickly result in further capacity rationalization and a stabilization of RASM trends for better-positioned carriers like DAL.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fitch-Downgrades-Delta-Air-bw-57705647.html?x=0&.v=1

Risk of default over the next year is mitigated by DAL's liquidity and cost advantages over its more vulnerable rivals--UAL, AMR and US Airways (all with IDRs of 'CCC' by Fitch). Fitch believes that a bankruptcy filing by any of those carriers, which could occur as early as the winter if operating trends fail to stabilize, would quickly result in further capacity rationalization and a stabilization of RASM trends for better-positioned carriers like DAL.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks, better give the company a concessionary contract quickly.. I hope if we offer Republic pay rates, and hand over SCOPE we may survive the winter....

I will email my union ASAP... Thanks!!!!!!

AA

[FONT=ARIAL,]
[FONT=ARIAL,]http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fitch-Downgrades-Delta-Air-bw-57705647.html?x=0&.v=1[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,]Risk of default over the next year is mitigated by DAL's liquidity and cost advantages over its more vulnerable rivals--UAL, AMR and US Airways (all with IDRs of 'CCC' by Fitch). Fitch believes that a bankruptcy filing by any of those carriers, which could occur as early as the winter if operating trends fail to stabilize, would quickly result in further capacity rationalization and a stabilization of RASM trends for better-positioned carriers like DAL.[/FONT][/FONT]

This guy can see the future just about as good as you can.

AMR bankruptcy is a lot of pride. Does Arpey want to be the one who led them to their first filing. I doubt it.

Why don't all these airlines buy a hotel and rental car company and merge them all for "synergy"? Oh wait, that's been tried before......

You know Obama will "bail them out" with money he borrows from our great-grandchildren and then show the class to try and blame that mess on Bush as well....

American will do its best to avoid bankruptcy for reasons of pride. However, if it becomes necessary, AA will make it through just fine. The unions may give a little, but AA has so many other contracts that can be renegotiated for greater gain. The pilots will be a small part of the picture, and a token giveback will satisfy the big wigs.

As for US and UA.. did these companies ever really exit bankruptcy? Their exit plans were based on criteria that never quite materialized, and planned on markets that never quite developed. US will stumble through yet again, because someone will see that there is so much unrealized value to the northeast route structure that US flies. As for UA, I think we can see that Tilton would love to make a merger style exit, and that he will try hard to see United absorbed into some other carrier. No good, no good. United has some good assets, and they have already started eliminating as much of the narrow body fleet as they can at one time, making "synergy" easier to acheive in a merger.

How many BK filings have been "imminent" in the last few years? How many times have we read about the liquidity "crisis" at various carriers? To be honest, I'm not so sure I believe anything the financial "experts" say. They have been so wrong so many times on so many issues. None accurately predicted the banking crisis. None have give clear strategies for sustained growth. According to these folks, UAL has been going BK for the better part of 10 years. UA has been "broke" more times than AIG.

These BK filings are like new aircraft rumors. When they appear on the ramp, they're true............when these guys are in court, then and only then will they be truly BK. In the end, cash flow and savy financing will keep struggling airlines afloat longer than anyone has predicted.

Thats my "prediction"........

How many BK filings have been "imminent" in the last few years? How many times have we read about the liquidity "crisis" at various carriers? To be honest, I'm not so sure I believe anything the financial "experts" say. They have been so wrong so many times on so many issues. None accurately predicted the banking crisis. None have give clear strategies for sustained growth. According to these folks, UAL has been going BK for the better part of 10 years. UA has been "broke" more times than AIG.

These BK filings are like new aircraft rumors. When they appear on the ramp, they're true............when these guys are in court, then and only then will they be truly BK. In the end, cash flow and savy financing will keep struggling airlines afloat longer than anyone has predicted.

Thats my "prediction"........

Many airlines know their financial situation even if the employees play dumb. I was at Eastern Airlines headquarters in Miami around September of 1990, I was told at that time Eastern was planning on shutting down operations forever around December of 1990, they only miss it by one month. I got a telegram on the west coast in January of 1991 that they were ceasing operations in about nine hours.

Tilton and Parker have created such unholy messes at UAL and US Air, it's hard to see how they can survive.

Just a few months ago Doug Parker was saying in the media that US Airways was in a better position than other carriers to ride this economic wave. Now he is telling employees that full airplanes doesn't mean US is making money. That can be true considering all the money they spend in stupid s&%t. I think DP will play the bankrupcy game by years end. Specially when he has to give the east pilots 35M in 2010, repay Republic's loan, etc. I think is going to get ugly.

Latest resources

Back