• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL, AMR, USAir bankrupt by winter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now is United the worst airline?..... or the one that shot you down in the interview.

Actually I was offered an interview and I turned it down so I don't have any hidden agendas. United is a poorly run carrier, period.

UAL and USAir are cash critical. I believe USAir has leveraged everything including their employees dignity, with so few options left I believe they are once again in trouble, big trouble.

AMR...not sure, they have alot of assets they could take to the pawn shop. I suspect they are the safest of the three.

What? Say it ain't so.

And then they furloughed?

Wait a minute: people wanted to work there?

First of all....the pilots that interviewed made it through a very extensive interview process...don't take that away from them and also, if people could see the future, some may not even get up in the morning! Not ONE interviewing pilot knew that oil was going to $140+ a barrell and age 65 was going to get passed CREATING a furlough. Why do you not remember that?

You probably did not look at the retirement schedule at UAL either....how about 6500 pilots out the door by the time most of the "new hires" retire. So a furlough now is temporary....unless you can stop someone from getting old. Get it?

Actually I was offered an interview and I turned it down so I don't have any hidden agendas. United is a poorly run carrier, period.

If United is such a poorly run company in your opinion....and i am not saying it is not poorly run, ...I have one question for you to answer on here....Why did you send in the application!?

You see, they just don't call you for an interview...you have to apply...because it is something you want. Trust me the application process is not that simple.

If I really don't want to work at such a poorly run company, the last thing I am going to do is spend time calculating all of my hours and filling out an application....then going through all the hurdles...to get a chance to interview....Just calling your bluff.

It is frustrating to get shot down....just admit it. We all have at some point.

If United is such a poorly run company in your opinion....and i am not saying it is not poorly run, ...I have one question for you to answer on here....Why did you send in the application!?

You see, they just don't call you for an interview...you have to apply...because it is something you want. Trust me the application process is not that simple.

If I really don't want to work at such a poorly run company, the last thing I am going to do is spend time calculating all of my hours and filling out an application....then going through all the hurdles...to get a chance to interview....Just calling your bluff.

It is frustrating to get shot down....just admit it. We all have at some point.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I agree with it. LLC is not abiding by their bankruptcy agreements, and has a lot of issues that they have been hiding.
UAUA, well who knows, as for AMR, they company could solve a lot of this with a contract. You guys are quite unified. I am really impressed by it. Keep it up!

Latest resources

Back