• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL 175's not coming to XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These aircraft are going to Republic....

so what exactly do you claim you have first right of refusal of? that if your 145's go away you get new aircraft? how is that different from United giving 30 170's to Mesa, then announcing a month/year later that 40 XJT 145's are being parked? Or are you just saying that IF United wanted to park 40 145's ( early) they would have to 'offer' XJT new aircraft in some 2/1 3/1 ratio type deal

The CAL CPA that Skywest negotiated when they bought XJT says that if CAL wants to replace XJT's 145s, they have to give XJT the first right of refusal for them on 75 aircraft. They also have a clause for 15 additional growth aircraft. Theoretically, they call park ALL 145s and replace them with 90 larger RJs. Although, I would guess that they keep the 104 XRs. This is not a guarantee though. Maybe they did get the first right of refusal on these first 30 175s and turned down the bid?

By the way, they wouldn't be parking 145s early. The leases already started expiring on them and they extended the leases on about a dozen through the end of the summer.

Sheesh, you can't throw logic at Nevets like that.

Logic? You are the one who though that just because these aircraft are not going to XJT that the first right of refusal in the CAL CPA is null and void. Where is your logic in that?

Last edited:
I ride Mesa jump seats all the time and yes, they have the iPad. However, THEY have to buy the iPad AND the mount!! Screw that! The company needs to provide the equipment! You aren't expected to bring your own FMS to work, so why should you have to buy a $400 iPad??

Im not disagreeing, but let's be reasonable.

1) Ipads at Mesa are OPTIONAL. Nobody is forced to do it and paper jepps are still permitted for those who do not have/want the ipad.

2) Did your company pay for your chart case? That's a better comparison than the FMS. Its not like the company is making the pilots pay for the Jepp subscriptio

3) Basically the company is providing the pilots with a paper jepp subscription and an electronic subscription for those who find it worth the cost of the ipad to lighten their load and not have to do jepp revisions.

Essentially most airlines provide a pair of DC (or similar) headsets on the aircraft. Do you dog on guys who decided to buy an $800 pair of Bose? ITS THE EXACT SAME THING!!

Those new aircraft will be flown by an ALPA regional

I say it will be Mesa and after that mesa will go public

Last edited:
I'm so glad that flightinfo.com is such as solid and reliable place to get accurate information on news and event's from the aviation industry.

BTW, I heard that Branson is starting a new regional airline called Moonraker Connection and that they got the ERJ's.

BTW, I heard that Branson is starting a new regional airline called Moonraker Connection and that they got the ERJ's.

You're right, except the name of that airline will be Little Virgin.

Im not disagreeing, but let's be reasonable.

1) Ipads at Mesa are OPTIONAL. Nobody is forced to do it and paper jepps are still permitted for those who do not have/want the ipad.

2) Did your company pay for your chart case? That's a better comparison than the FMS. Its not like the company is making the pilots pay for the Jepp subscriptio

3) Basically the company is providing the pilots with a paper jepp subscription and an electronic subscription for those who find it worth the cost of the ipad to lighten their load and not have to do jepp revisions.

Essentially most airlines provide a pair of DC (or similar) headsets on the aircraft. Do you dog on guys who decided to buy an $800 pair of Bose? ITS THE EXACT SAME THING!!

Agree. We have the option to do what we like...

iPads are basically free... Why wouldn't you choose that method.. Revisions. I did them in shower...

Latest resources

Back