• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA TA passed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as longevity pay for you guys go, I'm all for it. I know we passed a resolution at our Council concerning that matter, and I'm pretty sure that is direction to the Negotiating Committee.

I sure hope so. However, it's just another $ item to be given up for something else for those actually on proerty.

Pretty pathetic vote turnout. You guys could have shown better.

I did however enjoy the "From Wooden Wings" I received in the mail yesterday.

RV

I can't believe we passed this piece of crap. Negotiated to get things back we already had, plus gave them more efficiency. weak weak weak

I can't believe we passed this piece of crap.

Well the other 47% voted... they picked the third choice... choosing not to choose.... which sends a bad signal to management...

Negotiated to get things back we already had, plus gave them more efficiency. weak weak weak

The Peanut Butter Jar Principle of Management.

At the college I attended, more than 20 years ago now, we dined in a huge build
ing—all 4,000 plus of us at once. Seating arrangements were 10 per table with a mix
of all classes at each table. The seniors sat at the head of the table and the freshmen sat at the end. The peanut butter jars, of course, were somewhere in the middle. We all liked the peanut butter jars—especially a new untouched one. The first person to delve into a “virgin” jar often did so with some ceremony. One day we arrived at lunch to discover the peanut butter jars were gone—replaced by little peanut butter packets. We were not happy. A form was filled out by the freshmen at each meal. After checking the usual boxes— Fast, Neat, Average, Friendly, Good—they would inquire if any upperclassmen had any comments for the form. “We want the peanut butter jars back!” we screamed. Word quickly spread through the 400 plus tables and the write-in campaign was on. Three meals per day, over a thousand forms each day going in to whomever read them, demanding the return of the peanut butter jars. About a month and 30,000 forms later, we arrived at lunch and, while milling around the tables prior to the announcements that proceeded our dining, we noticed THE JARS WERE BACK! The crescendo of conversational noise in the huge hall was appreciably louder than normal as people took notice. We fell silent as the announcements from “the tower” began. The final
announcement, appropriately, was simply “…and gentlemen, the peanut butter jars have
returned!” PANDEMONIUM! Four thousand guys celebrating like we’d just beaten Army and Navy in football on the same afternoon. Except for one guy. Standing to my left was Dave T., one class senior to me. Dave had this little grin on his face as he sadly shook his head while observing the raucous behavior of the student body. “What’s
wrong with you?” I asked. His reply was something I’d never forget. “Look at everybody…so happy…yet we don’t have one thing we didn’t have a month ago.”
Dave, for some irrational reason, later chose to be an officer in the Marines, but I’ll never
forget him as the author of what I later dubbed “The Peanut Butter Jar Principle of Management.” The concept is simple. If you want to raise the morale of the workforce you don’t necessarily have to give them anything. Merely taking something away and reinstating it later will have the same effect.

"apathy"
-noun
-lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern : widespread apathy among students (pilots).

So does this vote fall under the FIX-IT-KNOW campaign?

Last edited:
Cal/UA merger announcement coming soon. Cal moving ORD gates to B terminal within the month.

Well, you got the last half of that statement kinda right.

CAL/UAL: why in the wide, wide world of sports would someone want to buy the pissed-off, demoralized cow when you get the warm, not very fresh and desperately in need of pasteurization milk for nothing? Don't hold your breath.

SCR

They have to get the STAR alliance stuff finished first...suppose to be this fall. Nothing till then....just leg work to get set up.

United Pilots Ratify QWL/Fatigue Tentative Agreement
A majority of pilots voting on the Quality of Work Life/Fatigue Tentative Agreement have approved the measure. Of the 5,944 eligible pilots, 3,747 (63.04 percent) participated in the ratification vote. 2,195 voted for the TA (58.58 percent) and 1,552 (41.42 percent) voted against.

why get a ta during section 6? the company would be less likely to do any further improvements--- their answer will be when we ask -- "well you just got a QOL TA, and you want more?"

i just dont see two things that the MEC supposedly is working hard on achieving in the new contract:

1. scope--- this will be gone-- i just dont see mainline flying 90 or 100-110 seat versions of a plane that the regional guys are already typed and qualified on and currently flying--- it will never happen--- so the question is--- what will the pilot group get from it

2. Furlough longevity pay----- i just dont see this happeneing either... furloughing the new hires , along with a bunch of others on 2/3 year pay is like a huge savings account acrruing interest-- why would they ever agree to bringing furloughees back in 5 years at 5-6 year pay-- never happen-- b/c they would require the same training as normal new hires should the furloughees decide not to come back at year one pay. duh.

everyday it seems more and more bleak

SKIPPY

Furlough Pay: I thought that DAL/NWA had furlough longevity pay in their new contract...anyone know if this is true? Just what I had heard.

Scope: What will the pilot group get out of flying the 90-100 seaters?? JOBS.

Last edited:
Furlough Pay: I thought that DAL/NWA had furlough longevity pay in their new contract...anyone know if this is true? Just what I had heard.

DAL has had that in our PWA for a long time. With the new PWA, former NWA pilots who had been furloughed gained it as well, retro-actively.

Latest resources

Back