Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skippy

United Pilots Ratify QWL/Fatigue Tentative Agreement
A majority of pilots voting on the Quality of Work Life/Fatigue Tentative Agreement have approved the measure. Of the 5,944 eligible pilots, 3,747 (63.04 percent) participated in the ratification vote. 2,195 voted for the TA (58.58 percent) and 1,552 (41.42 percent) voted against.

why get a ta during section 6? the company would be less likely to do any further improvements--- their answer will be when we ask -- "well you just got a QOL TA, and you want more?"

i just dont see two things that the MEC supposedly is working hard on achieving in the new contract:

1. scope--- this will be gone-- i just dont see mainline flying 90 or 100-110 seat versions of a plane that the regional guys are already typed and qualified on and currently flying--- it will never happen--- so the question is--- what will the pilot group get from it

2. Furlough longevity pay----- i just dont see this happeneing either... furloughing the new hires , along with a bunch of others on 2/3 year pay is like a huge savings account acrruing interest-- why would they ever agree to bringing furloughees back in 5 years at 5-6 year pay-- never happen-- b/c they would require the same training as normal new hires should the furloughees decide not to come back at year one pay. duh.

everyday it seems more and more bleak

SKIPPY

Last edited:
1. scope--- this will be gone-- i just dont see mainline flying 90 or 100-110 seat versions of a plane that the regional guys are already typed and qualified on and currently flying--- it will never happen--- so the question is--- what will the pilot group get from it

SKIPPY

I know about 2000 guys that would say you are wrong.

SKIPPY

Well, it's not unprecedented....it happened at AAA with the E190, so why not at UAL? Not that the pay on the E190 is up to par (they're flying it at regional rates), but I fully support keeping the metal in mainline colors.

Best wishes to all at United to right that sinking ship. How the mighty have fallen....

United FO pay

737/A320 year one- $32/hr
737/A320 year two- $52/hr

Welcome back to the regionals! Time to pay your dues again. Oh, nevermind! They already furloughed everyone who gave up their regional seniority number to come there in 2008.

I know about 2000 guys that would say you are wrong.

well depending on what they offer, they only need 2001 guys to get it passed hell only 63% of the pilots give a crap anyway to vote on this TA-- to defeat it anyway--- they will seperate groups as they have done in the past wide vs narrowbody captain vs fo, senior vs junior etc.

i just dont see mainline flying the same "common" type of plane that regionals presently do. im not saying it's right, i just know hwo the end game plays out

United Pilots Ratify QWL/Fatigue Tentative Agreement
A majority of pilots voting on the Quality of Work Life/Fatigue Tentative Agreement have approved the measure. Of the 5,944 eligible pilots, 3,747 (63.04 percent) participated in the ratification vote. 2,195 voted for the TA (58.58 percent) and 1,552 (41.42 percent) voted against.

why get a ta during section 6? the company would be less likely to do any further improvements--- their answer will be when we ask -- "well you just got a QOL TA, and you want more?"

i just dont see two things that the MEC supposedly is working hard on achieving in the new contract:

2. Furlough longevity pay----- i just dont see this happeneing either... furloughing the new hires , along with a bunch of others on 2/3 year pay is like a huge savings account acrruing interest-- why would they ever agree to bringing furloughees back in 5 years at 5-6 year pay-- never happen-- b/c they would require the same training as normal new hires should the furloughees decide not to come back at year one pay. duh.

everyday it seems more and more bleak

SKIPPY

It's pretty sad when only 63% of the pilots vote. Especially after they were sent repeated communications from UA ALPA via snail mail, e-mail, union meetings, etc.

I don't share your pessimism about jets greater than 70 seats being flown on mainline. In my opinion, that's a no-brainer strike issue, and even the thickest, densest United pilot sees the damage RJ's have caused. The only way I would see the company getting >70 seats at the regionals is through the 1113c process if we were to go bankrupt again. I'm not saying I think we're going to go bankrupt, I'm just saying that is the only realistic way the company can expect to get that flying.

As far as longevity pay for you guys go, I'm all for it. I know we passed a resolution at our Council concerning that matter, and I'm pretty sure that is direction to the Negotiating Committee.

Latest resources

Back