• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA "national seniority list"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
May I have my original, non-union, date of hire at a 121/135 operator?

So does everyone at Skywest....

Getting hired at a 121 regional airline was one of the easiest things I have done in my life. A national list will never happen, when majors hire again people will have to compete for the jobs along with everyone else, and not have a job given to them through a national list from when they were hired at a regional or any other airline. Competition is a good thing, airlines will never be forced to take people they might not want normally.

UA is trying to take care of themselves in the event of a merger.... its not a national list movement.

If it happens, I don't think it will go as smooth as DAL. What is the relative seniority of a UAL pilot hired in 1997? I know there is more to the puzzle, but I am curious.

I hope the CAL guys merge the UAL guys in like the Un-tied pilots did to the Air Wisconsin pilots in 1991 when Yo-nited bought AirWis . :smash:

Last edited:
Would it have been such a travesty if the TWA or Midex pilots got their DOH when they got bought. Or if Frontier would have gotten DOH from SWA. I think not. That should be the price to pay if you merge. If you do not want to pay that price, do not merge and fight it like Frontier or Delta did. DOH always works in the long run. It is just the short sighted greedy pilot who wants a quick upgrade that is blinded by his greed and sense of entitlement who opposes someones seniority.

M

I have heard the NSL debate many times. For it to have any chance to break ground it will need to be done in a time where there is rampant hiring, retirements and expansion, aka not now. Ten years maybe where the effects of the injustices will be absorbed quickly but not now.
Add to it, that we all cannot offer our services under the same CBA, or if you do expect to never be released to self help. Point is the RLA and NMB oversight would need to be drastically reworked.

I hope the CAL guys merge the UAL guys in like the Un-tied pilots did to the Air Wisconsin pilots in 1991 when Yo-nited bought AirWis . :smash:

+1 Amen! There is a special place in my heart for the UAL MEC of that era. What goes around comes around, so lube up UAL.

+1 Amen! There is a special place in my heart for the UAL MEC of that era. What goes around comes around, so lube up UAL.

Ralph-

We have 1400+ guys on the street, and you're hoping they get "lubed up" again in preparation of the possibility of UAL merging with someone else? Nice.

In turn, I'm sure there are many, many United pilots (among others at other airlines) who have to compete against YET ANOTHER narrowbody bottom-feeder that hope you meet the same fate as some of your peer airlines like Skybus, Western Pacific, etc. What comes around, goes around, right?

I fly ORD-SFO quite often, and see many strangely-uniformed airline pilots asking for a ride between this city pair. If any of Ralph's friends at Virgin want to discuss what they hope happens to UAL during a merger, feel free to mention that when asking for your ride. I'm sure just about every pilot at UAL would love to have that discussion with you.

UAL pilots feathering their own nest at the espense of their fellow pilots. Hey, if UAL goes out of business, we'll be backed up by a national seniority list. If we merge with CAL: we'll make sure they bottom for us.

Classy, guys.

If we merge with CAL: we'll make sure they bottom for us.
And well you should. It's not personal, it's just business.

The other party involved in your merger has no idea what's coming.

For example, the very day the Star Alliance was announced the UAL MEC posted a new, integrated jumpseat procedure that logically accounted for pilot priorities on each others' jumpseats.

The other MEC was just "Wha!"

That's about what the response will be every step of the way through this process.

"Wha!"

The other MEC was just "Wha!"

That's about what the response will be every step of the way through this process.

"Wha!"

I would have to strongly disagree with this. The members of the CAL Merger Committee are highly experienced and very qualified. I would put our MC above any other airline's by a long shot. I am fascinated by the fact that there are people who think that an integrated list between CAL and UAL would deviate from relative seniority. Precedent has been set by the DAL/NWA merger. Do you honestly believe that they will integrate the CAL/UAL list by only taking DOH into consideration? Come on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back