• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. government, two airlines say open to settling merger fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All good news! Although I think Texas dropping out of the suit doesn't really weaken the DOJ's position legally, it could be a sign that they have no confidence the suit will prevail. Nobody like to be on the losing side.

That polesmoking TX Atty General probably had someone show him the voting calculus as well. Somehow his initial reaction seemed like he added 1+2 and came up with potato.

This judge is no nonsense. The DOJ did not lose staffing on this issue. They can not do anything with NEW lawsuit due to the shutdown. That is why Holder and thugs brought their lawsuit against North Carolina and voter rights YESTERDAY, before the shutdown. Now they can keep that suit going, one they probably will win. However, they then cried "shutdown" on this suit and tried to pull the wool over the judge, one they are struggling with, but she saw right through their dirty play. The hypocrisy of these people is amazing, yet this judge is not falling for it. Next will be them trying to remove her I speculate. Seems to me they have a low pair after the flop and are all in.....time to call. 3 weeks to settlement is my bet.

I didn't see any timeline on when Levie had to decide by. The fact discovery phase is supposed to be done by Oct. 25th whatever that means.

Somewhere I saw a quote of her that said she wanted to have a ruling on the whole thing done by Jan 10, because Jan 18 is the date at which the merger agreement is no longer in effect (ie. both airlines can back out).

Any updates on whether they'll make the doj turn over their info on past airline mergers and who they interviewed before the lawsuit?

Any updates on whether they'll make the doj turn over their info on past airline mergers and who they interviewed before the lawsuit?

Nothing so far, but I believe the decision has to be made by week's end. If another airline is linked to this, the lawsuit is as good as dead. At least that is what I'm hoping.

^ ^ ^That is total unadulterated weapons grade bullsheeot, cbrown1. Fret not.

Perhaps you can think of some other things this administration "has said?"

I'll start:

"We will close Club Gitmo."

"raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure."

"you can keep your doctor if you want."

"healthcare premiums will go down."

There are as many more as there are glittering jewels of ignorance who believed it then and and love Him still.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back