• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways trying to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if it goes through they will integrate the lists with maybe a 3 for 1 at the top, then staple most of the DAL pilots to the bottom of the US Air list?

I really doubt it. Career expectations doesn't mean anything anymore. Bankruptcy doesn't mean death, it just means pay cuts.

Now how does that ALPA list integration work again? A profitable airline buys a bankrupt airline, they are both ALPA, you have to consider career expectations......... So if it goes through they will integrate the lists with maybe a 3 for 1 at the top, then staple most of the DAL pilots to the bottom of the US Air list?

They haven't even started the last merger integration yet.

Now how does that ALPA list integration work again? A profitable airline buys a bankrupt airline, they are both ALPA, you have to consider career expectations.........

If I understood Parker correctly, the proposal is to merge the airlines after DAL exit bankruptcy.

It's an interesting proposal, lots of $$$, we'll see what happens.

My money is on 15 pages for this thread any takers...meet me at Pay Pal! I've got my feet up with Popcorn in hand.

Counselair

Anyone can make a bid. I can't see Delta benefitting from this merger - it continues to grow internationally and will exit bankruptcy soon. This will only help the lawyers, investment bankers and hedge funds...

Interesting indeed. I guess they can try to see if the creditors would go for it. Here is DL's response.

Delta says focused on emerging as stand-alone carrier

NEW YORK, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines (DALRQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research), which got a takeover offer from US Airways Group (LCC.N: Quote, Profile, Research) valued at $8 billion, is focused on emerging from bankruptcy as a stand-alone carrier, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday.
"As we have said all along, Delta is focused on emerging as a stand-alone company," spokeswoman Betsy Talton said.

Bye Bye--General Lee

between the age 60 rule and the mergers, my retirement flight will be in the right seat on a 737, just after i finish IOE. YEAH

"Shanwick, Shanwick--Cactus XXX position on 8864" :D TC

Latest resources

Back