• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways trying to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guarantee UAL and CAL are already talking on the phone. Kelner said himself that he wants to stand alone but if mergers happened he wouldn't be left alone.

The only good thing is that UAL and CAL don't overlap as much. There would be some consolidation but I don't think it would be as bad as DAL/US Airways.

Anyone think that would be a good idea for either company? It would definently be interesting for labor.
"Good idea for either company" has nothing to do with it. Bankers, creditors, GE, and Boeing, and oh the lawyers do this to make money, and lots of it. It is a grander version of predator Lorenzo taking a company squeezing all the money of it, then moving on to the next meal. Discussions of labor, route structure, efficiencies of size, are just the fog used to misdirect the sheep.

densoo;1170271It said:
is a grander version of predator Lorenzo taking a company squeezing all the money of it, then moving on to the next meal. Discussions of labor, route structure, efficiencies of size, are just the fog used to misdirect the sheep.

I resemble that statement!

Sorry guys, I don't have much time to chat. I'm helping Jerry Grinstein pack his golden parachute.

Geronimo!

Now how does that ALPA list integration work again? A profitable airline buys a bankrupt airline, they are both ALPA, you have to consider career expectations......... So if it goes through they will integrate the lists with maybe a 3 for 1 at the top, then staple most of the DAL pilots to the bottom of the US Air list?

Last edited:
The Wall St Bankers are running the show here, and they love Doug.

The DOJ will approve this with backing from the FAA and DOT. Any type of buyout/merger with consolidation is good for the already congested airtraffic system on the East Coast. Everyone is lean and mean at this point in time, so I don't see anti-trust issues here as long as Doug presents a viable plan.....and he will....smart guy.

:pimp:​

Delta creditors will love this as well as the senior execs at Delta who will get to walk away with their golden parachutes.

On the other hand the merger of these 2 airlines will wreak havoc with the reduction in fleet and pilot overlap.

Oh how the shoe fits the other foot.

You Delta boys gotta being saying one thing about right now.............

SH*T

I bet theres a few old Pan Am guys out there pulling for the Airways MEC about right now. What goes around...... comes around.

WOW! Who would have guessed?

Latest resources

Back