• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways trying to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"any ideas long term what this would mean?" - I'd imagine that 5 years or so from now we’ll all be working for United North∆eltinental Airways.Unless you prefer the low-cost model, then you’ll be flying for Southfrontwest Bluetranair. Of course, Canada Air and Alaska will merge too so we’ll have Air Canaska. Then Virgin will "consume" Hooters Air and we’ll all be flyin’ them Virgin Hooters. Europeans will have their share of mergers. Lufthansa, British Airways, Air France and Iberia will become LuftFransa Iberiatish Airways. Oh yeah, Iranian Air will absorb El Al…Well, maybe not… Sorry, amazing how lack of sleep affects my little brain… Btw. How come my formatting is not working today?

Last edited:
hostile takeover

Sounds like it to me.

It will be tough for shareholders and creditors at DL to turn down this offer on a proxy vote.

Airport Winners:
  • ATL
  • CLT
Airport Losers:
  • CVG (Comair is gone)
  • PHL
  • SLC (SKYW will be pared back)
Consolidation at LGA, JFK, BOS, DCA, FLL, and MCO due to anti-trust requirements will benefit Jetblue as more gate space will become available. On the other side of the coin is that the new entity will be a formidable competitor for Jetblue and all the other carriers.

Doug will cut PHL in half. He is fed up with the problems that the airport and it's employees presents. This will benefit SWA and other carriers looking to get into PHL. It should also free the airport of it's massive congestion.

:pimp:

Last edited:
JFK, LGA, BOS, PHL, PIT, DCA, CLT, ATL, MCO, CVG, LAS, SLC, PHX. Have I missed any major hubs/operations for either airline?

What do you cut in an instance like that?

If this does happen, they are going to keep the name "Delta," so much for the "Cactus" call sign. I should of invested in an aircraft painting company!!

CNN is calling it an apparent hostile takeover bid.....I thought those days were over.......Wonder if the guys in Tempe are paying Lorenzo under the table

The DOJ isn't any more likely to approve this than they did the United the USAir deal. Come on guys, this isn't going to happen. I can see it now though. Delta and USAir guys can start bickering about seniority and denying jumpseats.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back