• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways trying to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point - there WILL be furloughs...so he's a liar.

The regionals in this deal will be furloughing not mainline. 10% reduction in flying with approx. 25% of that mainline reductions (2.5% total). AWA/US just finished about 13% reduction in the last year without any furloughs.

Hi!

My wife filled me in on a bunch of stuff happening 2 days ago:
USAir bid to acquire Delta about 2 months ago. Delta's mgmt and board didn't want to be bought out, so they didn't tell anyone.

So, USAir finally had enough, and went public, so the creditors and stockholders would know they'd been offered a ton of money for their stock and/or obligations.

The creditors love it, and want the deal badly. Delta mgmt and board hate it. No one knows what the stockholders want because they just found out.

If the merger goes through, then NWA will merge with CO to defend themselves.

In separate activity, AirTran announced a code share with Frontier, similar to the NWA/Delta/CO codeshare. Now AirTran is looking to buy/merge with Midwest Airlines, which would be even more incentive for NWA to merge with CO.

cliff
YIP

now back to our regularly scheduled Sesame Street programing on how to speak and understand English.

Hi!

The latest:

Delta lobbying creditors to fend off U.S. Airways bid: WSJ

By Steve Goldstein
Last Update: 5:55 AM ET Nov 17, 2006

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Delta Air Lines CEO Gerald Grinstein and other executives held a series of conference calls with creditors in which they asked them not to support U.S. Airways hostile cash-and-share bid, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

U.S. Airways officials were still trying to arrange a meeting with representatives of Delta's official creditors committee, the report added, citing people familiar with the situation. The leader of Delta's restructuring, Marshall S. Huebner of Davis Polk & Wardwell, told the Journal they will examine the takeover proposal as it is obliged to do.

cliff
YIP

How about Delta flies 10 767-300 a day on every AWA/US profitable route pair until Parker can't take it anymore. I'll fly for free!

Latest resources

Back