U.S. Airways trying to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will someone else submit a bid?

Yeah, probably. The other airlines and Wall St Bankers aren't going to let Doug waltz away with this at this price. Someone will step forward and force Doug & Citicorp to up the ante.

Any other Wall St Banker that got involved would want to see a mgt team with the savy of a Doug Parker. I doubt they would be happy to entertain a bid from UAL. UAL just doesn't have the mgt in place to run this type of a deal. That leaves AMR, CAL, and NWA. AMR would have a tough time convincing the DOJ due to the shear size of any new entity.

In the end, the creditors are calling the shots on this and they should have a few offers to look at.

:pimp:​

CNBC is interviewing two analysts from Bear Stearn and Standard and Poor's.... these two practically creamed their shorts. They essentially said it doesn't matter what Delta wants, this thing is going to happen.

These must be the same analysts who called UAL and USAir toast a few years back.......stay tuned this is just the orchestra warming up....the fat lady has yet to sing.

Anybody got the number to that truck driving school?? Truckmasters I think it is..???

Uhh, tell me again where the safe job in this industry is these days, until today I thought I had that part figured out.:confused:

If I understood Parker correctly, the proposal is to merge the airlines after DAL exit bankruptcy.

It's an interesting proposal, lots of $$$, we'll see what happens.

To the contrary...it would have to happen before Delta emerges from BK. to be successful at these dollars.

Yeah, probably. The other airlines and Wall St Bankers aren't going to let Doug waltz away with this at this price. Someone will step forward and force Doug & Citicorp to up the ante.

Any other Wall St Banker that got involved would want to see a mgt team with the savy of a Doug Parker. I doubt they would be happy to entertain a bid from UAL. UAL just doesn't have the mgt in place to run this type of a deal. That leaves AMR, CAL, and NWA. AMR would have a tough time convincing the DOJ due to the shear size of any new entity.

In the end, the creditors are calling the shots on this and they should have a few offers to look at.

:pimp:​

The problem with DAL getting other bids is twofold. One, LCC already has the $$ lined up, a huge advantage. Two, the timing was carefully crafted IMO to allow LCC just enough time to get DAL prior to BK exit but close enough to it that other bidders won't be able to put together a viable package to contest it. There will, of course, be some carve-outs: AA will most likely get the extra shuttle, and I'm sure there will be some others as well.

I was thinking aircraft fueler........don't think that job is going away anytime soon.

Interesting, some of the speculations here. Here's what Doug put out..

http://usairways.com/awa/content/aboutus/i...ns/webcast.aspx

Check the slideshow.....says, no hubs going away.......but also said somewhere, have to do this in BK as they don't want any synergies to get signed away in capacity agreements and such (RAH and US with the 170's which Parker wasn't happy with, and he's has publicly said how he hates Mesa....)

Latest resources

Back