• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airline Merger Predictions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are showing a lack of knowledge on this subject. Delta's balance sheet will be superior to United's in thirty days. You better notify NWA that due to their lack of cash flows and income they will need to cancel their order for up to 70 787's. They have an obligation to come clean after slipping that one buy Boeing who didnt bother looking at the financials.

Think about how incredibly absurd that statement is. The balance sheet does not mean everything. The Statement of Cash Flows and INcome statement are what matters. You can't be in a position to pay billions in cash for something when you've been bankrupt because you can't pay the bills. I hope Delta rebounds, but they are 3-5 years behind United and AMerican in reorgnanization efforts. If oil goes higher they could be going back to bankruptcy before they ever really exit.

Delta, NWA, United...not holding my breath.

I'm waiting for the Aer Lingus-Continental merger.

Think about it.......badump bump

Oh, come on. Lighten up!

I'd say if anyone knows it would be Howard Hughes. After all he is a billionare and actually ran TWA at one point. What are the rest of us, just pilots, pshaw.

Thanks V, I dont stay on top of the industry like in the good ol days but I know a thing or two. The hardest thing now is typing with these dang nails....maybe ill have them trimmed:laugh:

I'd say if anyone knows it would be Howard Hughes. After all he is a billionare and actually ran TWA at one point. What are the rest of us, just pilots, pshaw.

"Bring in the milk, bring in the milk, bring in the milk."

"Wave of the future, the future, the future, the future...."

Why so bitter? Just trying to figure out why you are more sold on the prospects of US Airways and JB than Delta. From a business standpoint when considering routes, gates, debt, etc I believe your assessment may be flawed...but hey my crystal ball only sees 24 months at a time so what do I know;)

Also, dont be so sure regarding Fedex and UPS having the market to themselves. This Open Skies allows for alot of different things to happen in Pax AND Cargo hauling. One sure sign I know someone on here doesnt yet understand the flyin biz is when they think any part of it is a sure thing. Its been proven wrong so many times its funny in a sad way. And for the record several of the Legacy carrier leaderships were behind Open Skies all the way. I tend to think although not too bright at times they are at least sophisticated enough to see if this is good or bad for their respective airlines and the overwhelming conclusion based on growth and synergies was that Open Skies will provide a lot of oppertunity for those who are smart enough to capitalize on it.

PS- Delta will be out of BK in less than thirty days with one of the best balance sheets of all Legacy carriers and projections for healthy cash flows, revenue and profits. Over this last week load factors averaged 95% system wide. They seem to be doing something right.

UPS, FDX, and DHL are set to reign in many more years of unimaginable profits--there, I said it. They are not airlines, even FDX, but rather are global providers of logistics services. It's apples and oranges. Nothing is a sure thing, but it doesn't get much more certain than these companies right now. I readily admit I do not understand the flying biz, as you put it. I do understand business though. And Delta, unfortunately, is a terribly weak company coming out of bankruptcy. This is a mgt team that has lost a collective15.1 billion in the last 36 months. A turd is a turd. Don't be fooled by the press releases touting their future.

AA and BA have been trying to arrange "a closer relationship" for the past decade. Open Skies will do nothing to slow that down.

If there is "a closer relationship", it might allow more weight to be brought to bear when it comes to getting Asia routes.

I still think the ultimate goal is for the OneWorld carriers to virtually merge.

AA, BA, CX... TC

AA and BA have been trying to arrange "a closer relationship" for the past decade. Open Skies will do nothing to slow that down.

If there is "a closer relationship", it might allow more weight to be brought to bear when it comes to getting Asia routes.

I still think the ultimate goal is for the OneWorld carriers to virtually merge.

AA, BA, CX... TC

One World: AA, BA, CX
Skyteam: DL/NW, AF/KLM
Star: UA/CAL, LH

Latest resources

Back