• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Air pilot denying AA jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was fired. Or given the opportunity to retire, which he did.
If you are denying jumpseats, chances are you are treating other employee
groups just as bad. It eventually will catch up with you. Call it Karma.

Nice. Karma IS real. And she's a bee-yotch.

Bubba

Jumpseat should belong to the company not the Capt. I've had several old timers from American kick me off since being in the majors and each time was a bunch of BS. Situations like this and my experiences would be avoided if the company controlled the jumpseat.

Really? Do you think the company will act more responsibly? Based on what? There are so many reasons why the decision has to stay with the Captain that I won't even bother to mention them all. I will say it starts with CRM.

It is surprising to hear that an EAST pilot would be unprofessional, filled with anger and contempt another pilot group, and project his misfortune onto others as some type of justified action.

Oh wait, my mistake. Par for the course in this case. Way to set a shining example of the usapa mentality.

It is surprising to hear that an EAST pilot would be unprofessional, filled with anger and contempt another pilot group, and project his misfortune onto others as some type of justified action.

Oh wait, my mistake. Par for the course in this case. Way to set a shining example of the usapa mentality.

Not defending anybody here, but have you ever asked yourself how it sounds on the other side of the fence?

Not defending anybody here, but have you ever asked yourself how it sounds on the other side of the fence?

The other side of the fence is occupied by apathy and a radical minority who controls the apathetic mentality. The other side of the fence is where EAST pilots cower to the said minority. The other side of the fence is an embarrassment and actions like this make both sides look bad. Until somebody from the other side of the fence stands up to these clowns, nothing will change.

Fortunately, usapas days are numbered and the insane asylum will no longer make decisions for the group.

The other side of the fence is occupied by apathy and a radical minority who controls the apathetic mentality. The other side of the fence is where EAST pilots cower to the said minority. The other side of the fence is an embarrassment and actions like this make both sides look bad. Until somebody from the other side of the fence stands up to these clowns, nothing will change.

Fortunately, usapas days are numbered and the insane asylum will no longer make decisions for the group.
Yep. USAPA out USAPA'd itself into oblivion.

Has the other side of the fence ever asked itself,"Isn't it time we gained some perspective and worked WITH some of our fellow pilots instead of against them (and ourselves)?"

Bubba,

not trying to tell you what to do, but don't you think it's time to change your disclaimer? It's been a while...

Just sayin'

You know Dornier, at first, I didn't know what you were talking about. I was thinking that "I don't have a signature; the mods seemed to take that function away a few years ago." Then I noticed the way you phrased it, as a "disclaimer," and that sounded familiar; like the way my last one read. So I went to my User CP and under signature, was this:
This space for rent.

Legal disclaimer: DON'T say anything negative about Fubijaakr. My insurance doesn't cover lawsuits.

All this time, it's been at the bottom of my posts? I had no idea. It's been invisible to me, and I assumed to everyone else. And actually, Dornier, it HAS been a while--just over two years. Apparently, the mods "settled" my little tiff with Fubijaakr (I didn't even remember how to spell his name until I read the signature box on CP just now) by removing the ability of me, and I assume Fubi as well, to read signatures at the bottom of people's posts. I had two contradictory quotes of his from his posts on my signature, and that so infuriated him that he complained to the mods every day for a week or so. And apparently, that was their solution. He wouldn't be able to see what I wrote, and neither would I.

The rest of you guys all have signature blocks when you post? And you can see mine? I can only imagine what Flopgut's might say about me, but unfortunately, I can't see it! :)

How about it, mods? Now that Fubijaakr is gone, fired, deported, retired, whatever the hell he is, how about giving me back visibility on signature lines?

Bubba

P.S. Anyway, that signature is gone. Or at least I think it is. Let me know if it isn't.

Latest resources

Back