• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Air pilot denying AA jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"US Airways pilots are sensitive about seniority integration. In 2005, US Airways merged with America West. A 2007 seniority ruling by arbitrator George Nicolau led to a rift between the two pilot groups, commonly referred to as "the east" and "the west."
The underlying problem is that the ruling is unfair to nearly 1,000 east pilots. At its most contentious point, it places a 56-year-old pilot with 17 years at US Airways, never laid off, behind a 35-year-old America West pilot with a few months on the job. In many other cases, US Airways pilots with 15 or more years at the carrier went behind America West pilots with just a few years."

Tries to explain this to non industry types.... Pretty futile

redneck from the appalachians

Wow that narrow it down! I saw him earlier!
u2ybumyg.jpg

Last edited:
There used to be a guy on this forum who was proud of denying his JS to pilots of carriers that weren't unionized (JetBlue and Virgin). You guys remember Fubijakr? He was an Alaska guy, and we went round and round over it. He swore he was doing ALPA's secret bidding. I wonder whatever happened to him. What the hell's up with these guys?

Bubba

There should definitely be a union place in process to discipline such childish behavior.

There are only a few people I would not allow in my jumpseat:

1) Line-crossers (if I had a way to identify them)

and

2) PFT losers who turn around and think they are big union heroes, who have never walked a line and are just posing as real airline pilots. And wouldn't probably fit in the jumpseat anyway.

There should definitely be a union place in process to discipline such childish behavior.

There are only a few people I would not allow in my jumpseat:

1) Line-crossers (if I had a way to identify them)

and

2) PFT losers who turn around and think they are big union heroes, who have never walked a line and are just posing as real airline pilots. And wouldn't probably fit in the jumpseat anyway.

Dare we ask?

Bubba

When was the last time a west pilot denied the j/s to an east pilot?

Would you like you answer in AM/PM or in 24hr Mil format? :D

P.S. The whole point to publicizing the denied jump seat stuff is to show folks how ridiculous it is, in order to unify pilots to do the right thing (i.e. We aren't supposed to be trying to divide each other while the leadership is unifying us. :) ).

Back to business as usual!

Last edited:
There used to be a guy on this forum who was proud of denying his JS to pilots of carriers that weren't unionized (JetBlue and Virgin). You guys remember Fubijakr? He was an Alaska guy, and we went round and round over it. He swore he was doing ALPA's secret bidding. I wonder whatever happened to him. What the hell's up with these guys?

Bubba

He was fired. Or given the opportunity to retire, which he did.
If you are denying jumpseats, chances are you are treating other employee
groups just as bad. It eventually will catch up with you. Call it Karma.

He was fired. Or given the opportunity to retire, which he did.
If you are denying jumpseats, chances are you are treating other employee
groups just as bad. It eventually will catch up with you. Call it Karma.

Wow--interesting. I was wondering why that dumbass hadn't posted in a while. Is he the one that got "the opportunity to retire" from a trip he couldn't drop..so he calls in sick mid-trip and then jump seats to the wedding he wanted to attend? The irony and karma is delicious. He fvcks around with the j/s and then loses his job for j/sing when he shouldn't.

Latest intel is that he hang up on USAPA twice when they called him about it. Possible prior issues with USAPA.

[adding fuel to fire = ON]

(A possible disgruntled East/West alliance?)

[adding fuel to fire = OFF]

Latest resources

Back