• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Air pilot denying AA jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No big deal. More press than it deserves. 14K plus pilots and both sides will have their nutjobs.

Rode US last December. Great ride, friendly folks. Was treated far better than by my own dysfunctional "family".

We need to hook up and share each others nutjob stories. I'm tired of listening to the same things over and over.

Need new material.

No big deal. More press than it deserves. 14K plus pilots and both sides will have their nutjobs.

Rode US last December. Great ride, friendly folks. Was treated far better than by my own dysfunctional "family".

We need to hook up and share each others nutjob stories. I'm tired of listening to the same things over and over.

Need new material.

True statement here. You can't judge any airline by a few nutjobs. It's kind of a shame that pilot's like that are not essentially weeded out. He has demonstrated behavior that should eliminate him from being in command of an airliner.

Why is this such a big deal? The problem is one specific individual, and not the bulk of the pilot group. What needs to happen, and should happen, is a very easy fix. Pull the Captain out of CASS. If he isn't going to allow the convenience of the J/S to others, then he shouldn't be able to benefit from it himself.

I've flown with multiple American jump seaters. All of whom have been classy and exhibited gentlemanly conduct. I've also noted the same from every Captain I've flown with, in regard to the jump seaters. Go on the offense against the individual for the decision, not the group.

Perhaps if folks felt the actions of those they put into leadership roles might jeopardize their Jumpseat they would hold those same so-called leaders more accountable.

Jumpseat should belong to the company not the Capt. I've had several old timers from American kick me off since being in the majors and each time was a bunch of BS. Situations like this and my experiences would be avoided if the company controlled the jumpseat.

Check common denominator.

Why is this such a big deal? The problem is one specific individual, and not the bulk of the pilot group. What needs to happen, and should happen, is a very easy fix. Pull the Captain out of CASS. If he isn't going to allow the convenience of the J/S to others, then he shouldn't be able to benefit from it himself.

Good post, and exactly the right fix. I'm quite sure everyone realizes this was the action of a rogue pilot an not indicative of the group.

Good post, and exactly the right fix. I'm quite sure everyone realizes this was the action of a rogue pilot an not indicative of the group.

Catch is he probably won't give a $hit.

Doing something that selfish and childish usually reflects one's personality. I guarantee that guy probably doesn't commute. If he did, I highly doubt he'd risk getting this name out there as "that guy" and risk getting denied jumpseats left and right.

Of course, he COULD just be that fvcking stupid. If he's acting like that, I wouldn't put it past him.

Catch is he probably won't give a $hit.

Doing something that selfish and childish usually reflects one's personality. I guarantee that guy probably doesn't commute. If he did, I highly doubt he'd risk getting this name out there as "that guy" and risk getting denied jumpseats left and right.

Of course, he COULD just be that fvcking stupid. If he's acting like that, I wouldn't put it past him.

He may not care initially, when he is given the news of being pulled from CASS. However, I bet he will when he realizes that it is tied to Known Crew Member. Perhaps he can reflect amply on his actions as he stands in the security line.

Jumpseat should belong to the company not the Capt. I've had several old timers from American kick me off since being in the majors and each time was a bunch of BS. Situations like this and my experiences would be avoided if the company controlled the jumpseat.

your stupidity is beyond belief

Latest resources

Back