• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U/AWA PID set @ 10/24/2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't we all,both USAir and AWA, just shut our dam yaps and see what the arbitrator comes up with in a few months,OK?? We aren't going to solve it here on this asinine webboard and all we do is seem to get each other pissed off at one another. The 2 merger comittees are sitting down at the table trying to hammer something out and some how crap like this DOES find it's way back to the table,making it harder for them to reach a "fair and equitable" agreement (whatever THAT may be....:rolleyes: ). So why don't we just let the merger process run its course and see what happens. My bet? Binding arbitration.

PHXFLYR:cool:

A350 said:
Parker:

You need to check your history books. AWA was very close to going the way of the three pilot airplane.

As was USAir.....

Doug Parker said:

AWA never was in the hole that Airways is (was in).................

Former airline - is HQ being moved to Chitsburg? You homos are the ones being acquired. I seem to remember your douche CEO being more concerned about golfing than making this merger happen to save your asses from liquidating.

Hey "Doogie",

If (and based on your postings here, I hope you're not) but IF you really are an AWA pilot would you mind posting your "p" number on this webboard for me? I'd like to add you to my "No Fly" list. Thanks!!:)

PHXFLYR :cool:

As for the financial part of your post, the same could be said of AWA. If Doug Parker could have raised $800million on his own, why didn't he just do it, right? Furthermore, why does he spend his time posting on flightinfo.com? :)[/quote]

We we're too small and up against SWA everywhere we went to attract the sort of capital that expansion required as a stand alone entitity. You guys had the "mass" but were unable show a profit even in CH 11, to compete successfully against airlines such as SWA ,Air Tran and Jet Blue. Regretably you need us as much as we need you to pull this thing off. So we all better learn how to play ball together or we ALL are in for a very long and miserable career.

Last edited:
BeCareful! said:
Really, PHXFLYR? I think if I searched, I'd find three chest-beating AWA posters to every one of our guys, but that's just a rough estimate.

Maybe so....but you furloughed USAir guys seem to elevate "chest thumping" to an art form:rolleyes: . I know you have been through alot,but lets just sit back and see what the Merger Comittees come up with ,if anything, before we go bashing each other over things that we have no control over. OK?

PHXFLYR said:
We we're too small and up against SWA everywhere we went to attract the sort of capital that expansion required as a stand alone entitity.

I agree with that.

PHXFLYR said:
You guys had the "mass" but were unable show a profit even in CH 11,

Do companies often report profits in CH11? Just curious, as I'm neither a NYSE commando nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

PHXFLYR said:
So we all better learn how to play ball together or we ALL are in for a very long and miserable career.

PHX, that's something I've recognized from the start. If you run into the FLightinfo.com's Doug Parker, you might want to tone him down a bit. I think his rhetoric will do you guys more harm than good.

Do companies often report profits in CH11? Just curious, as I'm neither a NYSE commando nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Yes. We did while in CH 11,which allowed us to come out of ch 11 in 1991. United recently did this past quarter. You guys never did .

PHX, that's something I've recognized from the start. If you run into the FLightinfo.com's Doug Parker, you might want to tone him down a bit. I think his rhetoric will do you guys more harm than good.[/quote]

You tone your kids down first and then we'll talk....whaddayathink?

A350,

"Lastly, AWA didn't buy UAIR. The companies were merged with outside capital. They liked the USAirways brand better, they liked your management better. "

You need to check your current event books. AWA is aquiring US Airways. Go to Yahoo Aviation News and type in these key words: America West + Aquiring + US Airways and you will be linked to about 40 articles explaining that AWA is indeed aquiring US Airways.

It doesn't matter where the financing is comming from. The lenders are giving a loan to America West to buy US Airways because they believe that AWA can be successful. Otherwise they'd be loaning the money to you to buy AWA.

The only reason they are sticking with the US Airways name is because US Airways has more name recognition than AWA. They like the name...not the brand. There are going to be alot of changes at US Airways as they adopt the AWA ways of doing things.

And there is no way a furloughed US Air pilot should gain anything over a current AWA pilot. Doesn't matter how long you've been there. All financial experts agree that without this merger US Airways is history (again, do a yahoo search). Would AWA be history too? Maybe. But the one certainty is that AAA is in much much worse shape than anyone else. Just the fact that we are merging makes this a better deal for the AAA people by far.

Later.

How much U stock did AWA buy? If the answer is zero, they didn't acquire anything. Did AWA send a check to Dr. Bronner in Alabama? Did they send a check to the government to cover the U ATSB loan? No.

I hope you don't read everything on the Yahoo board with that much conviction!

A350

A350 said:
How much U stock did AWA buy? If the answer is zero, they didn't acquire anything.
AWA didn't buy USA however AWA stock converted to LCC and the former AWA stockholders now own 20 percent of the new USA.

Latest resources

Back