Typical NJA management and dispatch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fracster said:
Late last week NJA dispatch attempted to send an aircraft into the hurricane. Gust were 40 to 50 knots!!! The FO declined the trip while the Captain tried to accept it. Good job "A" team captain. The company decided to not send the aircraft.
A few days later the FO called in fatigued due to being...faitgued.
The Next day the crew gets shutdown. The captain calls in later that night and the accepts a new brief earlier than the one the crew was given at shutdown. The a$$hole captain accepts this new brief without consulting the FO. The FO declines the brief, rightfully so.

This FO is now being called into Columbus.

This is what you have to deal with at NJA. Sure you want to work here?

Bad management, bad dispatch, FO gets in trouble!! WTF!!!

You have quite an imagination. Something tells me that you haven't told the full story.

For those who have been reading Fracsters posts for any amount of time, you already know he is full of crap anyways.

Have a nice day all!

dsptchrNJA said:
I write this post not for your benefit but for those who might actually buy into your nonsense and attempt to slander NJA out of your own personal bitterness.

NJA Meteorologist produce No-Fly zones 48 hours in advance of all hurricane activity. Hurricane Rita and Katrina were no exceptions. No NJA aircraft or crew are ever put in harms way PERIOD.

Since I worked late last week I am aware of every flight we had in the south and there were only 2 instances where SOC requested to utilize aircraft in the no-fly zone. In both instances the end result was that I personally denied the release of these aircraft out of these two airports out of concern for safety, and neither a/c or crew were ever in harms way.

Please find a better way to vent your hatred.
Dsptchr,

Is there a situation where you could be overruled? You said two aircraft were requested and you denied release, but did the two aircraft go?

On Your Six said:
Instead of trying to fix perceived problems or at least understand them, NJA management would rather sweep them under the rug... Not sure Herb Kelleher would be so impressed... Santulli and Lorenzo - best buddies I am sure.

Are you trying to say the filth this guy spew's was in some way constructive and NJA should take away from it things to help change this company? What hole did you just crawl out of? Perhaps you should go back and read or re-read all Fracsters posts, it might be enlightening, especially:

Fracster said:

In today's environment, I would be willing to bet that NJA would love to hear positive, constructive comments about how to keep this boat floating. I would also be willing to bet that Fracster and a lot of other posters on this site wouldn't be willing to ever take a job with the union or in CMH to help better this company. They will always be the problem and not the solution...

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Last edited:
Hogprint said:
Dsptchr,

Is there a situation where you could be overruled? You said two aircraft were requested and you denied release, but did the two aircraft go?

No, neither a/c went anywhere until after the storm passed.

Hogprint said:
Dsptchr,

I don't think that our dispatchers can be overruled. They have final release authority. They have a license they are protecting as well. And I don't know what are behind some of these negative posts, but when someone raises the safety flag here at NJ, we err on the side of safety. There have been times that I have risen that flag, and never once have I been questioned on it, nor has anyone "over-ruled" me. If you question what I am saying, come spend a couple of days with us and you will really see what happens 'behind the scenes'. You might be surprised.

SG

Dsptchr,

If I received a release that had the dispatchers name blacked out on the bottom and had this printed:

FLIGHT DISPATCH HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF OPERATIONAL CONTROL FOR THIS FLIGHT*

What does this mean? Netjets wanted me to go, but the dispatcher felt it wasn't safe? If the dispatcher felt it wasn't safe, then why would they try and send an aircraft into an unsafe situation?

"I don't think that our dispatchers can be overruled. They have final release authority. They have a license they are protecting as well."

I don't think so, your SOP's or GOM don't require your dispatchers to be licensed, therefore the dispatchers are not operating under there license, having licensed dispatchers is just PR for the company. And reading your post they might have final release authority, but really what does that mean? If a plane crashes its on the pilots license, not the dispatcher because he is not operating under his license, its just something good to have.

If I'm wrong please do tell......

Some guy said:
I don't think that our dispatchers can be overruled. They have final release authority. They have a license they are protecting as well. And I don't know what are behind some of these negative posts, but when someone raises the safety flag here at NJ, we err on the side of safety. There have been times that I have risen that flag, and never once have I been questioned on it, nor has anyone "over-ruled" me. If you question what I am saying, come spend a couple of days with us and you will really see what happens 'behind the scenes'. You might be surprised.

SG

Did I say something negative? I went back for a reread to make sure??????

Don't be so quick to pull the trigger there tex.

Thanks man..

Thanks Dispatcher, Appreciate you looking out for me. Sincerely.

Please put this sign over your desk for all to see;

"If they screw up, they die",

"If I screw up, they die".

Good job, I had to break "code" to say that..

Hogprint said:
Dsptchr,

If I received a release that had the dispatchers name blacked out on the bottom and had this printed:

FLIGHT DISPATCH HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF OPERATIONAL CONTROL FOR THIS FLIGHT*

What does this mean? Netjets wanted me to go, but the dispatcher felt it wasn't safe? If the dispatcher felt it wasn't safe, then why would they try and send an aircraft into an unsafe situation?

1. Did this really happen? I've never seen it said that way.

2. Was it International?

Some dispatchers are uncomfortable releasing international flights since they didn't do any of the flight planning and are getting the fuel loads and burn straight from Jepps... so they feel they should only be responsible for the weight & balance, runway performance, and legal weather. They may put a note on the release something to that effect.

Latest resources

Back