• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ty aa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The two training cycle issue is not really relevant. CAs are going to be leaving Eagle to go one place or another. It'll create a two cycle even either way.

There isn't any guarantee that there will even be an Eagle this time next year...

I guess I'm kinda slow, but how is it AA's problem or cost if Eagle has to train a CA and an FO? AMR will not own AE.

hmm, ok?

I have no real dog in this fight, but why would AA want some new hire Eagle guy hired this month when they will have thousands on the street with more experience, international time and time in type. I get the flow through, but I can't imagine them hiring some 2000hr boy wonder when they'll have the thousands of qualified (and current) pilots at their disposal. Guess nobody will know till the time comes-Good luck to all
Corp

I have no real dog in this fight, but why would AA want some new hire Eagle guy hired this month when they will have thousands on the street with more experience, international time and time in type. I get the flow through, but I can't imagine them hiring some 2000hr boy wonder when they'll have the thousands of qualified (and current) pilots at their disposal. Guess nobody will know till the time comes-Good luck to all
Corp

My guess is that they risked this agreement to settle an agreement to make the separation of Eagle from AMR cleaner. They are risking that other potential events will not allow this to happen.

If I was a mid-level to junior pilot at Eagle, I would assume that there is no way this flow thru will happen for me. And prepare accordingly. Like try to get a job at Skywest or Pinnacle who are the two most likely to get the feed contract from AMR. They are pros at getting contracts. Eagle, zero experience.

Latest resources

Back