• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N

Non Union

Is that even possible?

I just heard that with the current movement at Continental, upgrades could come as early as two years for the B737 Newark base.

Possible or not likely?

Is that even possible?

I just heard that with the current movement at Continental, upgrades could come as early as two years for the B737 Newark base.

Possible or not likely?

Possible. I should be holding it on the next bid(aug 2007). I was Hired July 2005.

And it could take a year to start training once you hold it on a system bid by the way, so at best we're talking 3 years in reality.

six year pilots are now upgrading. not second year pilots

the difference between myself(Sep 05) and a 2001 hire is only 400ish numbers. That includes the 300 or so senior to me that are "newhires." So yes, conceivably two year pilots could hold CA on the next bid. The original question was could it be held, not was it currently being held.

The seniority list has a 3.5 year gap between guys hired 09/01 and 04/05 so the upgrade time will definitely "jump" come next bid when the next group will hold it.

2 years will happen for the mid 05 hires

of course when they go to training..................

I am wondering where my upward movement will stop in the right seat, May 05 hire and at 35 percent so far, expecting it to slow down but have been creeping at about 2-3 percent a month. Should be an entertaining couple of bids with deadhead pay coming back, and so much movement between airplanes.

Would it be a correct assumption that at 35% seniority in seat/domicile your schedules are pretty good?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back