• Start date
  • Watchers 23

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you would be correct, even with pbs (which reaaly hurts) I get 17 days off and pretty ok trips that I like, though one false move with pbs and its down to 12. (happened to me last month)

Yeah I guess I was curious about how PBS is effecting schedules because I've heard many folks don't like it. Are many of the trips on the 737 commutable?

I'm not competitive to apply to CAL but just curious how its working for you folks...

CAL is hiring the sons and daughters of check airman and senior captains.

I know people who tell me CAL is hiring candidates like UAL did six years ago.

Not sure what your point here is.?.....

Even if you don't thing you are competitive, it's doesn't hurt to apply. You never know, you may have someone of influence in your jumpseat one day that could get your app in the right hands.

Not sure what your point here is.?.....

Even if you don't thing you are competitive, it's doesn't hurt to apply. You never know, you may have someone of influence in your jumpseat one day that could get your app in the right hands.

Point is CAL is hiring unqualified pilots regularly as favors to those already at the company. The market is full of 5000+ hour pilots with 1000+ Turbine PIC. CAL is hiring 1500 hour flight instructors just like UAL did six years ago.

CAL hires major airline pilots just like Gulfstream hires commuter pilots except CAL doesn't charge $30k like Gulfstream but the quality of hiring is the same.

Last edited:
six year pilots are now upgrading. not second year pilots

While technically correct your statement is misleading at best. Current bottom captain hired in 2001. However time on property minus furlough two and half years. Last bid had the schlinders list pilots (first new hires at CAL in spring of 05) just 200 numbers out of most junior EWR captain.

Nothing is guaranteed but by all reasonable guesses we will have 2005 new hires holding captain on the Summer bid.

How many replies before someone starts a p!ssing contest?

13. That's correct 13. I wonder if that's an average number for people to start bickering back and forth?

I love it!

So what then is your definition of "qualified"? I agree there are plenty of pilots out there with more experience but that doesn't make those with less experience unqualified.

Is a guy with 500 hours of prop time in small GA aircraft qualified to fly a 50 seat regional jet? Apparently so. It happens every day and the safety records at the regionals is exceptional.

qualified is getting hired for an individuals flying skills and experience which includes life experience and background.

unqualified is when you get hired because your daddy got you the job when furloughed major airline pilots sit on the street and can not even get an interview because of all the little kiddy's riding their daddy's coat tails.

are you a kiddy coat tail rider minrest?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back