Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez, you're an idiot.

You can't love your kids and love your job? I guess you don't love your kids then because from what I understand, you are an active pilot. You need to quit your job today. C'mon, what's it gonna be macho man? The job or your kids.

Moron!

Don't work corporate, happily married, two kids...

If you love your job, then love your job, but you can't love your job and love your kids at the same time...unless its bring your kid to work day...

The time they are older? What in 20 years? Just because teenagers can wipe and make thier own meals doesn't mean for you to go off on a trip. Teenagers need thier parents more than ever. I recent study showed that teens want to be with thier parents. Not on Xbox, not at the mall and not doing X at some rave party.

You don't get it.......

Than what your saying is that you hate your kids????? Go back to your "fixing ALPA", I'm sure your KIDS just LOVE you.

Thanks for the positive (and real, been in the situation) feedback Megadeath, United and the ones that have PM me. What I find so interesting is some of the people that get on here that have the "Do as I say, not as I do" attitude. This is 2007 not 1957.

And the ones that are telling me to stay home, I'm sure if I talked to your wife, she would tell me she hates you, is on the verge of hating the kids and is on the next step to the looney bin because she hasn't been out of the house and wish she could leave you and your "I love me and can do no wrong attitude" on the side of the curb.

Is life on the road with an airline really worth giving up raising your child for?

. Then, after years of nothing but kids kids kids and having no skills whatsoever, .

Some people live thier lives so this isn't an issue. Its like trying to justify flying into a T-storm. Well how about you don't do it...

Now that isn't to say that it would never happen. But you people that try and max out your lives with two jobs, kids, etc.... seem to be pushing the envolope. You already set yourself up with statements like, "I need to get out and have a life, get a break from the kids..."

Many parents don't need a break from thier kids. They want to be around them everyday. Sure they get annoyed and fustrated, but they don't need an escape for four days a couple times a month...

And that is the point... if you aren;t prepared to be with your kids for 24/7 then maybe you shouldn't have them.... if you need an escape from the four walls and two kids then maybe you shouldn't

You want to look at me? and say I hate my kids cause I go on a four day trip? Tell me how to pay the house note with zero income and I'll listen...

With over 50% divorce rate and our kids on behavior modifying drugs we have a problem in our culture... we are neglecting our children...

Why do I care.. cause my child will sit next to yours in school while he's popping ritalin so he's won't be so pissed off cause you aren't around as much as you need to be.... all while he's dragging the whole class down with his behavior....

Thanks for the positive (and real, been in the situation) feedback Megadeath, United and the ones that have PM me. What I find so interesting is some of the people that get on here that have the "Do as I say, not as I do" attitude. This is 2007 not 1957.

The divorce rate was 50% and kids on behavior mod drugs in 1957? I am not saying we should go back to Rob and Laura...not at all.... but address the divorce rate and drugs...

And the ones that are telling me to stay home, I'm sure if I talked to your wife, she would tell me she hates you, is on the verge of hating the kids and is on the next step to the looney bin because she hasn't been out of the house and wish she could leave you and your "I love me and can do no wrong attitude" on the side of the curb.

Right... my wife must think like you and thus she hates me.... that is real deep....

You can't love your kids and love your job?!

You can love you kids as much as you want or say...but what they believe is another story... the fact is you have to be around to love them...for them to feel loved..to be loved... the more you are gone the less you can do that.. and yes that applies to me.. that is why I don't play musical parents with my kids... I am not willing for both parents to be working....

But she can't because she would be broke!

Now that isn't to say that it would never happen. But you people that try and max out your lives with two jobs, kids, etc.... seem to be pushing the envolope.

You want to look at me? and say I hate my kids cause I go on a four day trip? Tell me how to pay the house note with zero income and I'll listen...

First off, I don't try to max out my life dude. I have a mortgage and no other debt. We save $5000 a month. Can you say the same there Sparky? My kids will have a parent at home 95% of the time. It will be either their father or mother. The other 5%, they will be hanging out with grandma or grandpa. I would have loved that as a kid.

I agree with you in a lot of what you say. I have no intention on dumping my kid off on daycare or anything like that but you are extreme. I can love my kid and my job. If my kid's father is at home with them, what is wrong with that?

Secondly, YOU YOU YOU....that's right YOU said you cannot love your kids and love your job. If that is the case, then you must not love your kids. How to pay your house on zero income? I don't know...that's your problem but you are the one that said you cannot love your kids AND love your job so since you still need a job, maybe you should of not had kids. Make some sense Rez. You're making my head spin.

You can love you kids as much as you want or say...but what they believe is another story... the fact is you have to be around to love them...for them to feel loved..to be loved... the more you are gone the less you can do that.. and yes that applies to me.. that is why I don't play musical parents with my kids... I am not willing for both parents to be working....

That's great! If your wife feels that way, that's great but I don't have to do what you do. See my post above.

Also, my mom was a single mother and had to work. She was not around a lot. I remember her even going out sometimes on Saturday night with a date or friends. Was she a bad mother? Did I feel unloved? HELL NO! As a matter of fact, my mom is one of the best moms out there. I don't feel like I missed a thing. I know what you are saying to a point and I don't agree with a lot of what is going on with kids today but what you say is extreme. I agree if parents are never around, what's the point of having kids. This FA that started the thread said she would drop most trips and just work part time. There is nothing wrong with that. You act like if mom is not around 8 days out of the month, little Johnny is going to be messed up for the rest of his life which is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back