Twin engine down near downtown ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
*a sigh*

Just hearing all of these things the news is "reporting" really makes me sick....

although I did enjoy the report about the pilot trying to get out before it hit the shop....

Hope everyone is okay...any reports yet?

-mini

I think the airplane is N322WW. It is the only Baron that departed PDK for VNC. The flight tracker last report was 1,600 feet and 28 MPH. It looks like it crashed just south of the airport. The flight tracker said it departed at 10:46am.

Last edited:
"Spiraled 4 times and crashed into the Edgewood Body Shop" according to an "eyewitness". "Exploded on impact". "Pilot tried to eject just before the crash." "The pilot was just going around and buzzing the buildings."

Anyway, the plane in burned to an ash skeleton, and I doubt there were survivors. The Beech Baron 55 was registered to a corporation in Sarasota, FL and had 2 persons on board.

LTG

ATL2CDG said:
I hate ATL. I really, really do.

Bad news. Horrible customer service. Terrible traffic. P!ss-poor entertainment. Sucky weather. Corrupt government.

Amen to that!

I've had as much as I can take. Now what channel was Springer on?

The opening paragraph of the AJC story:

"A twin-engine private plane crashed into the congested Martin Luther King Jr. Historic District this morning, according to Atlanta police. The King site was not damaged."

Followed by:

"Atlanta police have asked for a medical examiner at the scene, which usually means someone has been killed."

Too bad someone died, but thank God the King Center wasn't damaged!

Flight Tracker is a valuable tool in determining what is going on. I remember the Alaskan Airlines crash in LA a few years ago. I actually watched the flight tracker say the airplane was at 37,000 feet and go directly to 17,000 feet in no time flat. I then watched the flight tracker show the airplane's speed go from 300 knots to over 600 knots. The last return was at 1,300 feet and 600 knots.

I knew it sucks when an airplane goes in. I don't take any joy in seeing these numbers, knowing that 200 lives just ended. But it is a useful tool to get an elementary idea of what happened, as it is happening. Very scary to see, even if it is just numbers, you still know it is lives.

Latest resources

Back