Twa pilots vs alpa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIZMONC

It is my understanding that since the TWA Pilots got a judgement against ALPA for the way they failed on the merger with AA, this is moving to the MONETARY decision at this time. Since TWA Pilots obtained that judgement and now AA is in bankrupcy. Will this fall back on APA. It is also my understanding that APA fenced the TWA pilots in STL and with the bankrupcy STL may no longer be an AA Pilot base. Could this backfire against APA? Anyone have any idea on what is next ?

True. If ALPA increases dues to 3% they could pay any amount awarded .

The TWA pilots deserve it, I would be willing to give another one percent for them.

I doubt you will find too many ALPA members agreeing with you on that one. Personally ALPA should settle or file for bankruptcy and move on.

Only the ones that are very self centered and could care less about right vs. wrong.

How very true, and this is why ALPA fails. I am one of those TWA types, I am at CAL/UAL now. Lately, every once in awhile, someone approaches me and tells me, "Did you hear DAL is decertifying ALPA? They are getting out before the lawsuit settles." The couple that have brought this to my attention (assuming it is even true) can't help the smirk they have on their face, like "you think your getting your money don't you? But your not". As though I am getting some sort of handout.

I won't go into the vicissitudes of the 8 years I was out before I was recalled. I have many friends who have suffered as well. I don't have an issue with APA, they did their dirty job in a dirty business. ALPA, that is another story. The issue here however is the resentment I sense from those about this lawsuit and this POTENTIAL award. I will believe it when I see it.

I wonder, how everyone would feel in our shoes? How would one like to hear how everyone is bailing to avoid a fine associated with a lawsuit -assuming this would even be assessed on the membership anyways? Then some of these folks want unity in their contract talks? They want to be supported from a common strike fund? They want other air carrier pilot support? Really?

ALPA national seems like a bunch of narcissistic jerks because they represent a bunch of narcissistic jerks. If it is true that DAL is leaving over this, and not something truly concerning like controlling scope, how sad for them. Again I don't know this to be true. But it underscores why ALPA or any other national union representing airline pilots is doomed to fail. If one's perspective is the ever present mantra in our society that 'I have to get the best deal for me and the heck with anyone else', please look in the mirror to see why this career is going down the toilet and no one can make any headway on scope, work rules, compensation, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back