• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA pilot lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does it matter? If they win a large settlement ALPA, the one's (Dal, Ual, Fdx) that pay the bills will go inhouse. ALPA will be broke and won't pay a dime.

Don't want to get into a contest with you my friend. Just curious. I do like the idea of alpo going away.

The final pretrial conference is scheduled for February 8th. At this conference the trial date should be given which could be by March.

Don't want to get into a contest with you my friend. Just curious. I do like the idea of alpo going away.

I guess your right, with SWAPA doing such a fine job looking out for the future of the profession, age 65 and all..... I love the Johnny-come-lately ALPA slammers who work for a company that spent the better part of the 70's-90's slowly dragging down the pilot compensation through low rates, no pension, and no retiree medical care. After ALPA is forced to comply with the terms SWAPA has arranged for the profession through concessions at the hands of a BK court, airline failures, etc, then you come on here to chastise and belittle. Enjoy SWAPA's time at the top of the pax payscales, I sincerely hope it lasts your whole career, but just remember, your only #1 until your not.

First, if you think little ole SWAPA had the big hammer in the age 65 fiasco, you really are a SWA hater. I would think alpo had much more pull in that decision.
Next, I am a former alpo member, and so I feel I can let folks know how I feel about that pathetic organization. They did nothing for me or my fellow TWA pilots during the integration...except screw us. 'Nuff said.

Geesh..............bet your a lot of fun at the party.

Hey I am actually. I don't hold a candle of disgust for anyone. By calling alpa alpo you show your level of discord. A union is made up of elected pilots from your own company so be it swapa or alpa they are no better than those who chose to get involved.
I don't know the details of this lawsuit but a union is a union so without alpa would the pilot profession really be better?
What if every company was nonunion? Would twa pilots been better off with a letter from the company saying sorry were bk here's where you file for unemployment? It's easy to be mad at alpa as the twa mgmt who really screwed the pooch are gone.

First, if you think little ole SWAPA had the big hammer in the age 65 fiasco, you really are a SWA hater. I would think alpo had much more pull in that decision.
Next, I am a former alpo member, and so I feel I can let folks know how I feel about that pathetic organization. They did nothing for me or my fellow TWA pilots during the integration...except screw us. 'Nuff said.

First swapa held the candle of age 65 for years before ICAO and alpa decided to get on board.
If swapa only gets you relative sli is it going to be time to sue swapa? What if you get doh with aai is it time to call the lawyers? I suppose to you twa would have been better represented without any union, afterall didnt you elect twa alpa Mec reps? So didn't you vote in your "pathetic" alpa leadership? What did u do to make twa alpa better?

First swapa held the candle of age 65 for years before ICAO and alpa decided to get on board.
If swapa only gets you relative sli is it going to be time to sue swapa? What if you get doh with aai is it time to call the lawyers? I suppose to you twa would have been better represented without any union, afterall didnt you elect twa alpa Mec reps? So didn't you vote in your "pathetic" alpa leadership? What did u do to make twa alpa better?

Tell ya' what. When you get yourself educated on what REALLY happened to the former TWA pilots (due to alpo National and not the LEC), we will discuss. Until then you are only showing your ignorance (or disregard) of the facts.
If you really take the time to understand the facts of the aa/TWA situation, you will realize that your comments reference the AirTran merger are meaningless.

Latest resources

Back