• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA pilot lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As part of the deal to get rid of Carl Icahn, the TWA MEC Chairman, Bill Compton, got a seat on the TWA Board of Directors. Within a few years, he somehow transforms and becomes the COO of the 'new' TWA. Before long thereafter, the deal with AA is announced.

Might there be a perceived or, is it real, conflict here?

Again, what do you think you deserve and what do you think you will get? If you are awarded a large settlement that insurance won't cover, do you think the membership will pay an assessment? You know and I know that ain't gonna happen. The regionals don't cover their own costs and the Ual, Dal, and Fdx pilots sure as hell ain't gonna pay. We will decertify overnight. If the goal is to break ALPA that is great. The big payers/players will reorganize without the leeches and start a new mainline union. All and all better for the mainlines.

Everything.

Again, what do you think you deserve and what do you think you will get? If you are awarded a large settlement that insurance won't cover, do you think the membership will pay an assessment? You know and I know that ain't gonna happen. The regionals don't cover their own costs and the Ual, Dal, and Fdx pilots sure as hell ain't gonna pay. We will decertify overnight. If the goal is to break ALPA that is great. The big payers/players will reorganize without the leeches and start a new mainline union. All and all better for the mainlines.

Yep, quite a conundrum for ALPA and the membership. Maybe they'll cut their losses somehow, someway. Why don't you ask ALPA how they've let it come this far? Or will you just blindly let your dues increase based on an "increased cost of doing business?"

I seem to remeber "covering" the Comair guys when they went on strike. $100-$300 per month as I remember. So what did that get me? I and every othe ALPA guy paid the asessment for several months if I recall. They will assess and you will pay!

Don't count on it.

I seem to remeber "covering" the Comair guys when they went on strike. $100-$300 per month as I remember. So what did that get me? I and every othe ALPA guy paid the asessment for several months if I recall. They will assess and you will pay!

As a former Comair pilot I not only supported their strike but sent in extra for their "family" fund they had set up. How many pilots in the last decade or two have backed up tuff talk with their feet? How many Regional guys? That's right, none. In retrospect they didn't gain a lot for their efforts and whatever they gained is gone now. But they did what a lot of us will never have to do.

Management learned a lot from the Comair strike; never have just one regional "partner" feed your hubs. Now CVG has, what, 3 or 4 feeders? So now a strike wouldn't work because you'd just "fill in" from the other regional's.

Latest resources

Back