• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Turbine PIC as FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flamebait or not, you know there's guys in the schools wondering the same thing: How can I get as much on my resume in as little time and money possible.

Heck, I had a BE99 FO in training who was a 737 FO in India. In order to upgrade on the 737, he was going to log turbine PIC from the right seat of my plane, because the BE99 doesn't require a type rating.

True story. What's even worse is that his airline back in India was endorsing this move.

Flamebait or not, you know there's guys in the schools wondering the same thing: How can I get as much on my resume in as little time and money possible.

Heck, I had a BE99 FO in training who was a 737 FO in India. In order to upgrade on the 737, he was going to log turbine PIC from the right seat of my plane, because the BE99 doesn't require a type rating.

A lot of freight operators here though have told people to do the same thing. Go sit in the right seat and get time.

There was an operating of single engine Cessnas in the southwest that once offered me a job, they also used twin cessnas. A lot of their pilots would go out for 14 hours in the 210, then go sit in the right seat of a 402 until they had a couple hundred hours warming that right seat, so they could upgrade.

The last thing I want to do after being on duty all day is go sit in another plane and be out all night. Didnt take the job.

Another place up in the frozen north ended up hiring me to fly a twin with my whole whopping 9.4 hours multi engine, since who wants to go to Fargo in February.

HELLO McFLY!

Why is anyone responding to this guy with serious answers? Is it not transparent that ALL his posts are flaming hot bait?

Sheeeesh.

I know this guy is full of it strictly because captains don't leave long enough to sh!t. There'd be an accident a week if we did that and we all know it. Stupid riddle puke.

Forget the time the Captain takes to go to the bathroom! Not only do I log that time as PIC for me, here's what else I do:

Average human blink takes 1/10th of a second. Every 10 blinks is 1 second. Roughly blink 15 times per minute. That's 1.5 seconds of time that Captain is physically not looking at the controls.

For a 2 hr flight, 1.5 seconds/minute * 60 minutes * 2 hrs = 180 seconds.

180 seconds = 3 mintes

So on a 2-hr flight, I log 3 minutes as PIC because the Captain had his eyes closed!
The Captains I flew with had their eyes closed a lot longer than 3 minutes on a 2 hour flight

Original poster

OMG I can't breathe! Sorry, can't post anymore, doubled....over....with...laughter......sides, splitting........Muscles cramping.....dude you're too much! :laugh: :laugh:

Kill Yourself

I actually believe this guy is correct. I just heard of a Go! Flight Attendant that was recently able to log over 25 minutes of CRJ PIC flight time as she was the only crew member coherent as they overflew Hilo.

Latest resources

Back