Turbine PIC as FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JDREsquire1224

I was wondering what are some ways to get some turbine PIC as an FO. Obviously when the CA goes to the bathroom to make #2 you can get a lot, but sometimes there are other ways like if you need to keep the eng. running to hot fueling and the CA leaves the 'pit. What are some other ways thou? A friend is up to 22.7 hours of turbine PIC and he is still a 2 year FO, I want to get some someday. At this rate he wont have to upgrade he can just take that PIC to another airlines thats not a regional.

I miss Jimborealgood pilot

OMFG! Are you kidding me!?!?

Trying to log time while the Capt. is in the pot???

Love how you say "obviously".......I interviewed many like you and loved to do it!

I've never answered anything in the regional forum but couldn't resist this!

If you're flying as a 121 regional FO, HELL NO you can't log PIC turbine time unless you're type rated!

I'm sorry but did you go to Riddle????

Get with the program.....

Um, hello, I'm the only one IN COMMAND! I wish guys like you who interviewed and thought they knew all the rules would lite up and take a chill pill. Its all in my friends logbook and he'll get to be at a major a lot faster than most regional FOs who dont log it!

Haha, I know this is flamebait, but I'll bite...
Which major, exactly, do you think will hire you after they discover you logged your PIC time while your capt. was in the back office?

Um, hello, I'm the only one IN COMMAND! I wish guys like you who interviewed and thought they knew all the rules would lite up and take a chill pill. Its all in my friends logbook and he'll get to be at a major a lot faster than most regional FOs who dont log it![/quote

Did you sign the release ( or does the release have you listed as PIC?). If not, forget about it. Your not in command of anything!! (well maybe your ipod, but thats about it).

Um, hello, I'm the only one IN COMMAND! I wish guys like you who interviewed and thought they knew all the rules would lite up and take a chill pill. Its all in my friends logbook and he'll get to be at a major a lot faster than most regional FOs who dont log it!

Ok, let me explain something to you.

Are you checked out as PIC in the airplane? If no, then NO, you can't log PIC time. I'm speaking 121 here since that's where you posted this.

I can't believe that anyone is logging PIC time where the actual PIC is in the crapper and the FO thinks he can log PIC time at that point!!!

You'll get a big wake-up call (and so will your buddy) if that's what you're doing.

I always have a good laugh reading the threads started by this fool. Either he really is completely a fool, or that naive to believe his "friend". Either way you're an idiot!!!!! ;-)

I was wondering what are some ways to get some turbine PIC as an FO. Obviously when the CA goes to the bathroom to make #2 you can get a lot, but sometimes there are other ways like if you need to keep the eng. running to hot fueling and the CA leaves the 'pit. What are some other ways thou? A friend is up to 22.7 hours of turbine PIC and he is still a 2 year FO, I want to get some someday. At this rate he wont have to upgrade he can just take that PIC to another airlines thats not a regional.

This topic has been rehashed over and over on fightinfo for years.

Even if you were typed rated, don't be logging it as PIC if you are designated as the F.O. Whoever signs the can as PIC, is the one who gets to log it as PIC. I don't care what you think the regs say. The intent of those regs was for being able to log PIC as a part 61 pilot according to 2 FAA inspectors I have talked to over the years about this. (Apparently the regs are ambiguous about this) 121 companies only count PIC time as the one who signs for and is the designated Captain. If the interviewer thinks you are trying to be cute with your hours, they'll be showing you the door pretty quickly.

Latest resources

Back