• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Turbine PIC as FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is good, but no one will ever top the guy who posted an ad in his job description on his resume.

R U F@%*ing kiddin' all of us??

I was wondering what are some ways to get some turbine PIC as an FO. Obviously when the CA goes to the bathroom to make #2 you can get a lot, but sometimes there are other ways like if you need to keep the eng. running to hot fueling and the CA leaves the 'pit. What are some other ways thou? A friend is up to 22.7 hours of turbine PIC and he is still a 2 year FO, I want to get some someday. At this rate he wont have to upgrade he can just take that PIC to another airlines thats not a regional.

If you are 100% straight faced when writing this stupid question? If you are then you may really want to look into another line of work.
Yes, you can quote the FARs and talk about logging "PIC" time as soul "sh%&head" touching the controls. Think about it son. The interviewer will and I say will see right thru your logbook. Good bye job at another airline that is not a regional, as you said.
I conducted interviews in a past life for a regional and you'll have some explaining to do. Trust me.
You are not the pilot on the blame line and for this you get no PIC time and yet still pass go and collect your FO pay check.
Not to mention if you don't get caught, hired by another airline and then have an accident you'll have some explaining to do. Once your paperwork is researched and discovered you fudged your paperwork could result in you having your certificates revoked. Worse case.
Your upgrade will come and the treasured PIC time will flow. Then you can apply to one of three majors or eight nationals that out live the crap going on.

I thought it was pretty blatant it was not actually serious...But whats funnier, someone asking if they can log PIC with the Capt is in the lav, or someone who thinks it is a serious question and writes a long response :)

I was wondering what are some ways to get some turbine PIC as an FO. Obviously when the CA goes to the bathroom to make #2 you can get a lot, but sometimes there are other ways like if you need to keep the eng. running to hot fueling and the CA leaves the 'pit. What are some other ways thou? A friend is up to 22.7 hours of turbine PIC and he is still a 2 year FO, I want to get some someday. At this rate he wont have to upgrade he can just take that PIC to another airlines thats not a regional.

Good point. I shoulda stayed an FO and invited all my Captains to take extended dumps, replete with courtesy-flushes and coupon-laden Sunday Timeses.

Dang! Why didn't I think of this? I coulda been off reserve 3 years ago!

Hmm guess I shoud go get that 30 hours of OE re-logged since I was listed and typed as captain dispite clear statement in the FOM that the LCA IS the PIC and signed the log and release the entire time. But at least I haven't needed to hit the head as to not confuse any of my FO's, man is this really still any kind of issue, really :puke:

Yep- you have to sign for the plane to log PIC time. So if your a CA on IOE-you get to log SIC time, because your Check Airman is the actual PIC. Of course every 121 pilot knows this-(it's a little tricky for both pilots to log PIC at the same time)

I liked the part about him logging PIC while hot-fueling and the PIC not being in the cockpit.

I guess my oldest son can now go outside, fire up the 172, and let it idle for 8 hours. He can now log that as solo PIC since he was the only one out there, right? Now all he needs is the long cross country, and he's set.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back