• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tsa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
none of the pilots want it because it encourages late departures....cruising at .74 and late arrivals so you can pad your paychecks....we want to be successful and make our customers happy..

Actually, it encourages EARLY departures. I hope you enjoy sitting in an aircraft at ORD and not getting a single penny of pay while you WORK. TSA flight attendants only get paid block, how do you feel having a contract worthy of our flight attendants?

A dollar more an hour? this is why we turned it down and the rest of the industry respects us for that, how do they feel about you guys flying mainline type aircraft at below regional standards?

RSPilot

You posts are so rediculous that it's not even funny. Wow...a dollar an hour more...no offense I probably made more than one of your first year captains when I flew a 30 pax turboprop. You say that block or better encourages late departures...what a crock of s*^t. You blab about slowing to .74. I hate to break it to you, but have you seen fuel prices these days. Slowing to .74 is exactly what our company wants us to do, because it saves fuel. In fact, many times we are dispatched at long rang cruise instead of max speed in order to save more gas. So before you rant and rave, get the dang facts straight. By the way, you are correct, TSH did offer a one list proposal...months and months after they said that there was no legal way to accomplish that feat. Their proposal sucked...a 4 yr extension, loopholes for furloughing, a decrease in annual raises which wouldn't even meet inflation, on top of an already substandard contract. Give me a break. In all honesty, you jackasses have no clue. You will be used to whipsaw use, and vice versa...had your pilot group wanted a better contract than your current work rules, you could have joined us, been in negotiations now, and had a much stronger hand in the future. You not only wrote your future on the wall, but you wrote ours as well. You want us to act professional, then stop having your pilots whine and cry about everything. Oh, I don't like their "No *************************" stickers or lanyards, or, some TSA pilot tried to intentionally burn me with a coffee pot. Give me a break, we may not like you, but we wouldn't do anything like that...so I think it's your group that needs to grow up. I'm surprised that your administrators haven't tried to get this site shut down with all the anti GJ talk...lord knows they've already yelled over to the next cubicle to have management come down and talk to our pilot group about making you feel at home.

Last edited:
Once again you prove you know nothing of gj....United pays for our fuel and encourage us to do everything we can to make our targets...they actually pay us about two tenths a block more for each of our legs....at the end of the month it all balances out...in fact...we get a couple hours more pay than our block times because of the pad.....once again...our starting captains pay is 56 an hour and fo is 22.30 an hour...I doubt your gettting paid more to fly a turboprop....dont care about a contract taking two years or more because we are happy with our current pay which is industry average for the 700 but guess what....we pay no union dues until we get a contract....most of our pilots are guys with a lot of experience and maturity and we know that to succeed we have to look for our company's interests and than being employed for the long term benifits our interests.......anymore crap you need me to discredit???

One more thing i must address...there is no crying in aviation and you can keep all of your anti gj slogans and whatever else you have....once again....we dont care if you like us or not....we keep our friends close and wanna keep our enemies closer.

Last edited:
rspilot said:
Block or better.....none of the pilots want it because it encourages late departures....cruising at .74 and late arrivals so you can pad your paychecks....we want to be successful and make our customers happy..maybe if you focus more on that instead of the flying that you didnt want things would be better for you.

I don't know if your serious or not, but that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!

Thanks for the laugh!

You did nothing to discredit anything. All you did was tell us that United pays for your fuel. I told you in my previous post, that our management...which is also your management, wants us to fly slower to save fuel...more money to line some pockets. Maybe you guys are happy with your pay and work rules...fine. I know that I wouldn't be. I know that many are not happy. One of your spearheads...S&nj$$ P@t@L was JRM'd to have his day off out of domicile. Some of your pilots have been overheard in airport terminals about only getting 6 days off in domicle (12 days total...but being givin days off out of domicile). That is not rumor because I have heard it myself. It's amazing what you can find out and hear when your in plain clothes in an airport terminal. What about J@h* A%%in leaving because of crappy work rules, schedules, etc. We'll see what happens when your contract is finally signed...if ever. You may think your keeping us close...but we're keeping you guys a lot closer than you think. The TSA pilots have been beat down, but they have a lot of fight left, and when the time is right everyone will know.

Well ask me about work not bs rumors...we have nothing longer than four day schedules to bid on.....some like myself would rather get five day schedules but they dont exist.......as far as cruising at 74 to save money...we taxi on one engine but we will do as much as .81 to make schedule and management wants it...and yes we are same management.

rspilot said:
The point I made is that GJ was started and positions at the airline were offered to trans states pilots and you said no........so stick with your decision and be happy with it....GJ is no concern of yours you had a chance to be a captain in the 700 and even get a dollar an hour raise which is better than what sky west would give you. Block or better.....none of the pilots want it because it encourages late departures....cruising at .74 and late arrivals so you can pad your paychecks....we want to be successful and make our customers happy..maybe if you focus more on that instead of the flying that you didnt want things would be better for you. Now feel free to continue with the insults because that is the only way you know how to respond to the truth.

Not getting block or better encourages late departures because you will get paid the same if you are late or on time or even early. Also lets see how much you don't want block or better when the Thunderstorms start shutting down the departure fixes at ORD and they are running 20 miles entrail and you are number 30 for takeoff and the taxi out takes over 3 hours. On a side note I did hear this last summer at ORD. "tower airline 1234 whats our sequence so we can give the pax an idea of how much longer we will be here"....twr "you see that plane that just rotated...youre about 600 miles entrail of him" I am sure glad I get paid to taxi my plane for 3 hours. Oh and I am happy that we turned down the flying. Why would we want to only get paid $1 more to fly a plane with almost 20 more seats? I am NOT happy with people like you who are willing to go work there and give HK a way to whipsaw me out of stuff that I want in the next contract. Don't even say that HK wont try that. And then it will be your turn becasue HK will use us to whipsaw you somehow too he just has to figure out how to do it.

great cornholio said:
Not getting block or better encourages late departures because you will get paid the same if you are late or on time or even early. Also lets see how much you don't want block or better when the Thunderstorms start shutting down the departure fixes at ORD and they are running 20 miles entrail and you are number 30 for takeoff and the taxi out takes over 3 hours. On a side note I did hear this last summer at ORD. "tower airline 1234 whats our sequence so we can give the pax an idea of how much longer we will be here"....twr "you see that plane that just rotated...youre about 600 miles entrail of him" I am sure glad I get paid to taxi my plane for 3 hours. Oh and I am happy that we turned down the flying. Why would we want to only get paid $1 more to fly a plane with almost 20 more seats? I am NOT happy with people like you who are willing to go work there and give HK a way to whipsaw me out of stuff that I want in the next contract. Don't even say that HK wont try that. And then it will be your turn becasue HK will use us to whipsaw you somehow too he just has to figure out how to do it.

Dollar an hour more is a dollar an hour more......check airline pilot pay.com and youll find most pay the same for the 700 or 200.

SKW, CMR & PSA pay the same for the 700. Eagle pays more, Republic/Shuttle pays more, ASA pays more, Horizon pays more, is there anybody else I am missing? $1.00 more per BLOCK HOUR ain't sh!t when it comes to compensation...work rules & rigs are where the money comes from, especially when you are sitting in the penalty box at ORD or in the conga line at PHL or EWR.

Here's a little math experiment - we'll call it "Lets compare W2s". You make 56/block hour at GJ and a TSA 145 capt makes 55/hr. You each fly a segment that is blocked for 1:20 from ORD. Once you push you both wait 31 minutes to get airborne due to runway configuration. Your block time in the mighty CR7 at .81 is 54 minutes while the 145's block time at .74 is 57 minutes. You just worked 1:25, got paid 1:20, and grossed $74.67. The TSA captain worked 1:28, credited 1:28 and grossed $80.67. Even when you take the 1.95% ALPA dues off, the TSA pilot credited $79.10, or put another way, $4.43 more than you. Over the course of a monthly line, that's a big difference.

But you make one buck per BLOCK HOUR more to fly 20 more seats, so its all good...

Latest resources

Back