Tsa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WAZUP said:
I am new to this whole thing and in the TSA pool right now and I think I would have a good chance at Mesa. Without a big bashing all I am asking is do I hold out for TSA or do I try with Mesa? I think I have a good chance there. I am where most of you most likely were a couple of years ago, trying to get an airline job. Also what is the story with GJ? I see some people really hate them but I was looking for a straight forward answer.

The regional that you want to work for is the one that gets you in class first.
I would say that if you are waiting for a TSA class date, still interview other places like MESA and CHQ and so on. If you get offered another job before TSA calls you then without doubt go for it.

despite all the negativity, some employees here don't hate it as much as others. I live in St. Louis so I don't commute, and I'm not complaining about it. I have had my gripes with the company, but I cannot think of any company that I worked for that was perfect.

My "No GJ" badge is no longer on my lanyard. I have got to fix that before I go over to the training center. I'll make sure I have it taped to my forehead. FCUK GJ!

great cornholio said:
...Also there are rumors that TSA will be shut down before 2009 and that our 50 seat flying will be placed over to GJ....

Of course. That was their plan from the beginning and anyone who doesn't see it is blind.

They want to pay there pilots less in the long run. So, they start a "separate" carrier and pay them less. Then they transition everything over to that carrier. Pretty soon no more TSA.

If successful, this will become a normal practice at every regional.

It is a very unique industry in that it requires alot of sacrifice and hard work to achieve a career, but at the same time there is an overabundance of people willing to do it for nothing.

WAZUP said:
I am new to this whole thing and in the TSA pool right now and I think I would have a good chance at Mesa. Without a big bashing all I am asking is do I hold out for TSA or do I try with Mesa? I think I have a good chance there. I am where most of you most likely were a couple of years ago, trying to get an airline job. Also what is the story with GJ? I see some people really hate them but I was looking for a straight forward answer.

Between those two, I'd go for whichever one has bases where you would want to live.

WAZUP said:

GJ is a whipsaw. That's why people hate them. Look it up.

What I would do if I were you, is wait for chatauqua to start hiring. I -think- that will start happening in August. If they -do- get the 69 jets that they are in line to pick up, then you get in at the beginning of the hiring and you won't sit reserve after the first of the year.

At TSA you'll be on reserve for a long time and that's no fun at all. Right now upgrade here is probably about 4-5 years if everything stays the same (almost Horizon-like upgrade times and a much crappier contract). At CHQ (assuming they get the jets) it'll be a LOT less.

Go where the upgrade is the quickest so you can move on the quickest. Right now, that'll probably be CHQ since they're going to have to hire hundreds of pilots to staff the continental flying.

According to two sources at CHQ last week (one line pilot and the other in HR), ReMidShuttlePublic's minimums are hard for newhires and even interviews at 1500/300 from here on out. This supposedly was straight from the mouth of WH...

b/c Republic has one senority list. and tsa/************************* has two seperate senority list and union.

man, is upgrade gonna take that long at TSA now??? a lot lateral movements to be expected huh? especially if TSA gets stapled under *************************s.

UEJ500 said:
Everyone is down on the TSA/G0JET situation, so why go to CHQ with 3 airlines to whipsaw with?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back