Tsa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WAZUP

Question for TSA pilots, any idea if TSA will be able to get a new hire class going any earlier than fall?

I would guess no. The company is shrinking and plenty of J41 folks going through jet class to cover any attrition.

POKEY said:
I would guess no. The company is shrinking and plenty of J41 folks going through jet class to cover any attrition.

Ditto what he said. Plus, unless it's your absolute last option (or maybe third to last, way above GJ and just above Mesa), don't waste your time, or your sanity coming to TSA. It's not worth it.

TSA did one thing for me...it got me current for a better job. That's about it. What a joke to work for. Call in sick, you're fired. Call in fatigued, prove it. Reserve with two days off to go home to another state, sorry only 11 other reserve pilots for the last 4 hours of the day: released at 2230.
I'd recommend flying freight before going to TSA.

Last edited:
WAZUP said:
Question for TSA pilots, any idea if TSA will be able to get a new hire class going any earlier than fall?

Why would anyone want to work there! You only get buddy passes if your "good"

Dont see any hiring anytime soon. The only reason that we would hire any time before about Nov would be in attrition started going thru the roof. Right now we are a shrinking company. Just heard that we have put some flight manages back out on the line. Also morale is low and getting worse. A few days ago a new memo was put on the website that talks about "Realignment of Responsibility" or something like that. It basically said that TSA and GJ are going to work together to try to save money on such things as fuel and what not. Also it has some higher up TSA people turning into Trans States Holdings employees so they can oversee both "companies" (TSA and GJ). Also there are rumors that TSA will be shut down before 2009 and that our 50 seat flying will be placed over to GJ. Also the displacement class got yelled at today because some were wearing the No GJ things on their lanyards and also have No GJ stickers on the flight bags. Were told that we could not have those on company property becasue it upset the GJ new hire pilots that are in the building.

great cornholio said:
Also the displacement class got yelled at today because some were wearing the No GJ things on their lanyards and also have No GJ stickers on the flight bags. Were told that we could not have those on company property becasue it upset the GJ new hire pilots that are in the building.

Thats funny! There is a GJ class at flight saftey right now. Maybe they sholuld all just do class over there. Nothing like giving the younger kid everything he wants huh?

I am new to this whole thing and in the TSA pool right now and I think I would have a good chance at Mesa. Without a big bashing all I am asking is do I hold out for TSA or do I try with Mesa? I think I have a good chance there. I am where most of you most likely were a couple of years ago, trying to get an airline job. Also what is the story with GJ? I see some people really hate them but I was looking for a straight forward answer.

Last edited:
Mesa or Trans States? Ouch. Either way you're going to hate flying in about 6 months.

Latest resources

Back