• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA wants to scan bizjet pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a frac pilot I totally support the screening of the passengers. Anything that increases my safety on the job is a good thing in my eyes.

Our freedoms are slipping away. Now you have to get approval from the government to travel in your own vehicle. Didn't his happen in Nazi Germany?

At the time, I was flying a Hawker (no external baggage compartment) pt 91. While they were trying to get their $hit together shortly after 9-11 (not that it is together now) the screeners at Signature BOS told us that our pax could not bring their hunting rifles through because the guns would be in the cabin. After much debate, they finally relented. However, they still had to send the rifles through the x-ray:rolleyes:

This is the same mentality.

This government is wayyyy the f#ck out of control. We (part 125 ops) have had this forced on us for the past few years, though the enforcement has really ramped up lately. I know of at least one on-going investigation due to lack of screening pax... doesn't seem to matter much that they were secret service. TSA are truly ignorant of flight ops and the business. They have the power to make your life hell. TELL YOUR OWNERS/CLIENTS TO RAISE HELL with their elected officials.

gune through the X-Ray? "Yep it's a gun, Bob!"

At the time, I was flying a Hawker (no external baggage compartment) pt 91. While they were trying to get their $hit together shortly after 9-11 (not that it is together now) the screeners at Signature BOS told us that our pax could not bring their hunting rifles through because the guns would be in the cabin. After much debate, they finally relented. However, they still had to send the rifles through the x-ray:rolleyes:

This is the same mentality.

That's friggin crazy. Take apart the guns, inspect them "YES THEY'RE GUNS" but it was OK after they X-rayed them? WTFO? These people are complete idiots.

Boston Signature is the worst.... I was getting a flight ready in the morn in BOS, I went thru the securty thing there and beeped.. the guy said he had to wand me.... So the wanding showed that my belt buckle and a few other objects on my body were metal.. What if I had a 12" Rambo Knife.. it would not matter.. he could not take it.. freaking stupid..

So I come and go to the fbo 4 or 5 times that morning and every time I beeped and every time the same guy wanded me????

The guys at the BOS Signature are MassPort not TSA.

I had a pax forget to bring his ID for a flight from BOS to TEB. I vouched for him, but apparently that wasn't good enough. So they called a Mass State Trooper, who upon arriving asked me if I knew the pax(yes), and then asked the screeners what the problem was(standard procedure), which caused us to about 40 minutes late. The screener told me that he had no problem letting us go, but he had his rules to follow and his boss to answer to.

Unfortunately most people in a security screening position have to follow some procedures or policies that don't make sense or increase safety. These folks have to do their jobs, or they might get canned.

It's hard to be understanding and patient when the system is the way it is.

Latest resources

Back